Author Topic: Sugar belle seeds or grafted tree  (Read 9958 times)

TooFarNorth

• U.S.A., Georgia, 8A
    • View Profile
Re: Sugar belle seeds or grafted tree
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2018, 05:05:10 PM »
Vlad,
       My understanding from Florida University reading, is that they may set larger crop with pollinator, but also seedy fruit. I have only had them once. I picked some last Nov. off the tree at Franklin Farms in Statesboro Ga. The flavor blew my wife and I away. They were delicious. In taste tests, they surpassed Clementine and Honey mandarin. (Of course your mileage may differ) We now have 2 trees.

TFN

countryboy1981

• 8B Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 09:32:18 PM »
Got my trees today and already have them in the ground. Had to go pick them up from carrier or they would have stayed in truck all day and night until tomorrow. These are not quite as big as the ones I usually get, but nice looking trees. Let us know what you think when yours arrive.  I have always enjoyed dealing with Brite Leaf.

TFN

Got them today, had 4 in all.  They are decent sized for mail order/price.  I got the sugar belle and the kishu in the groumd today. Still jave to plant the marsh grapefruit and glenn navel.  Found a sunburst tangerine locally on clearance today as well.

TooFarNorth

• U.S.A., Georgia, 8A
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 03:44:11 PM »
Hey, Countryboy,.  A little off topic, but are you coming to the Southeastern Citrus Expo this year in Valdosta Ga. I have been to the last two, in Fort Valley Ga, and Savannah, Ga. A lot of fun and informative. Have brought home some nice trees too.

TFN

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 09:01:36 PM »
TFN, I was at the Savannah Southeastern Citrus Expo.  In fact I won the prize (a bag of oranges) for coming the longest distance to attend the Expo.

countryboy1981

• 8B Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 10:16:02 PM »
Would like to attend.  If it was a little closer I would.  It sounds like a fun time.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2018, 12:25:26 PM »
The next Expo is in Valdosta GA, the end of November.

TooFarNorth

• U.S.A., Georgia, 8A
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 06:47:55 AM »
My wife and I plan on being there. Will we see you there, Millet?