Author Topic: mango in california  (Read 1661 times)

gaberec

• Italy (west coast of Sicily) Zone 9b
    • View Profile
mango in california
« on: September 23, 2015, 07:17:05 AM »
Hi boys,
I'm italian but I have the opportunity to take a mango in california, in order to bring in italy.

According to you this is possible as suitcase baggage? I need some certificate in order to haven't problems?

and where is possible to buy grafted plants on gomera 3, of mango cushman, ice cream and coconut cream?

Otherwise could I send with a shipment in the case I cannot take with me in the air ?

thanks

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: mango in california
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 04:12:41 PM »
It really depends on Italy to allow it entry I think. A country has to protect its soil from foreign bugs and germs and parasites. You should find out what laws Italy has about this.

I don't think leaving a country will be a problem unless it's a bottle of water.

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 05:28:18 PM »
Hi boys,
I'm italian but I have the opportunity to take a mango in california, in order to bring in italy.

According to you this is possible as suitcase baggage? I need some certificate in order to haven't problems?

and where is possible to buy grafted plants on gomera 3, of mango cushman, ice cream and coconut cream?

Otherwise could I send with a shipment in the case I cannot take with me in the air ?

thanks

You would have barefooted. You are 2 days too late I could've send you home with a  4 N 1 cocktail mango all sold out😀

ricshaw

• USA, Southern California, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • ricshaw805 YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »
No guarantees.
Buy a Mango in California.
Eat the fruit, save the seed.
Take seed back to Italy.
Remove seed husk, plant seed.

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »
If you planned this earlier, you could have planted lots of mango seeds in Italy and then collect fresh scions in Calif and graft the scions onto your mango seedlings back in Italy. I would assume it's easier to bring scions into Italy vs a full plant with roots and soil.

You may want to look into the mango varieties Lemon Zest and Sweet Tart, I have personally tasted them and they are both at the top of my list.

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk