Author Topic: A review of gary's best Top Pot from Laguna Hills nursery  (Read 6586 times)

AnnonaMangoLord45

• LeafyMango
  • I love Mangoes
    • SoCal zone 10b
    • View Profile
A review of gary's best Top Pot from Laguna Hills nursery
« on: December 11, 2016, 12:28:41 AM »
HOLY CRAAAAAP!! This Stuff works like magic! You might as well throw away everything you know about soil because the owner of the nursery has it all figured out. When I first bought my trees, they were on a slow decline, lychees got really bad leaf burn, mango slowly dying of root rot, etc. But then I switched to this soil because the guy explained how commercial potting soil/planting mix actually harms the tree rather than helping it. The mix is made of sand, pumice, charcoal, and perlite. When I switched half the old soil to the lychee, it immediately dropped the bad leaves and went into a giant growth spurt, without any of the classic californian lychee leaf burn, then I switched my Pickering Mango tree to that stuff, and it went into a nice growth flush ON A TURPENTINE ROOTSTOCK. All my plants except the barerooted ones show extreme improvement in tree health. I am not trying to promote his stuff, but rather im giving my review on the soil.  Make sure u guys dont bareroot any trees cause that'll kill em. make sure you get down to the main rootball, then stop.

SocalKoop

• United States, California, Lake Forest 9b
    • View Profile
Re: A review of gary's best Top Pot from Laguna Hills nursery
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 07:21:19 PM »
Gary is also just a nice guy. Knows his stuff, especially when it comes to soil. I buy odds and ends from him though his selection is not necessarily for crazy zone pushers. He stocks mostly plants he knows will thrive in the orange county area. Good selection of those. Nice source of figs too.
"Failing to prepare is preparing for failure." -Benjamin Franklin

EJO8

• Orange County, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:01:07 PM »
Gary is also just a nice guy. Knows his stuff, especially when it comes to soil. I buy odds and ends from him though his selection is not necessarily for crazy zone pushers. He stocks mostly plants he knows will thrive in the orange county area. Good selection of those. Nice source of figs too.

I agree, Gary is the man.

shaneatwell

• California, San Diego, sunset 23 and 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 09:00:04 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Will have to go visit.
Shane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk