Author Topic: World's most sweetest mango, Petricia..  (Read 2201 times)

ajeshcool47

• India,Kerala,Ernakulam,Tropical
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/ajeshthoppil.tr
World's most sweetest mango, Petricia..
« on: October 31, 2018, 10:46:24 PM »
Here is a mango from Kerala named as Petricia (or Pet Tree Asia) is suppose to be the sweetest in the world.. Here are some pictures..

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:48:40 AM by ajeshcool47 »

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile
Re: World's most sweetest mango, Petricia..
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 09:12:32 AM »

Is this available in Kerala nurseries now? I can maybe try to get some budwood when I come down next year. 

Jose Spain

• Marbella, Spain. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:59:43 AM »
34,15%,  :o Maybe too much sugar? How it tastes?

Jolins

• Austin, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »
That sounds sweet alright. Probably too sweet for my taste. I'd still love to try it though. haha

ajeshcool47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 11:30:26 AM »
mangokothiyan, i will give you the contact no of the seller..u can book a plant now itself.i managed to get one plant, booked last year.it is not available in other nurseries, flavor is said to be excellent...

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 01:51:48 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 09:36:59 AM by johnb51 »
John

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 03:52:49 PM »
We had a Lemon Zest with 32% Brix which is slightly higher than the 31.4 of this mango but the refractometer I was using was not the most precise. I got a new refractometer that is much higher quality.

Anything above about 30% is extremely sweet. I’ve literally gotten sick from eating mangos in the 30% range. You have to eat something first, don’t eat these Mangos on an empty stomach.
http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=12675.0

Simon

Johnny Redland

• Redland FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 03:58:46 PM »
I own a business in Mysore India. Everytime I go (which is a few times per year) there are numerous odd ball mangos and jackfruit trees (among other things).  What is the law regarding taking items back to the US, or shipping them? Seeds, Budwood, etc.

ajeshcool47

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 10:24:26 PM »
johnb51, i am still a student in fruit matters and also in English, we got English here as a result of British rule, its not our mother language, we just acquired it...
Johnny Redland, u can bag small quantity seeds/ bud wood from here , its not a problem , u can ask about it to  mangokothiyan, for his experience, he is basically from Kerala...

TNAndy

• East Tennessee USA zone 6b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 01:20:15 PM »
I own a business in Mysore India. Everytime I go (which is a few times per year) there are numerous odd ball mangos and jackfruit trees (among other things).  What is the law regarding taking items back to the US, or shipping them? Seeds, Budwood, etc.

I would be absolutely sure I had all the permits necessary for importation before I brought any plant material back.  There is such a thing as a small lot seed importation permit.  IIRC the limit is 50 seeds of a particular species.

A couple of years ago I started the permit application process for importing seeds.  I'm not sure how far I made it through the process--the USDA has no interest in making it easy.  There appear to be numerous hoops to jump through.  Each time you jump through a hoop, you're supposed to automatically receive an answer.  This automatic part never happens.  You have to follow up with an email--or several emails--in order to qualify for the next hoop.  In other words, the online applications seem to go into a round file.  It requires some "squeaky wheel" on your part for the government employee to fetch your application out of the garbage and expend whatever minimum effort it takes to get it off his desk.  They are not there to be helpful and you must hound them at each step.  Definitely a PITA.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk