Author Topic: Lime Tree issues  (Read 623 times)

mnolanb

• Orange county, ca
    • View Profile
Lime Tree issues
« on: February 16, 2021, 01:12:46 PM »
My lime tree is not looking so good right now. It had some buds growing a couple months ago but they fell off. Now the leaves are looking really bad. Any ideas what can be going wrong?

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Lime Tree issues
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 03:06:21 PM »
As you are in Orange County, I assume your tree is planted in the ground. Looking at the pictures you posted, I don't see any particular deficiency.  However, the tree looks generally under nourished.  How long has the tree been planted, and what is the fertilizer program that has been given to the tree?

-+

mnolanb

• Orange county, ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 10:06:38 PM »
As you are in Orange County, I assume your tree is planted in the ground. Looking at the pictures you posted, I don't see any particular deficiency.  However, the tree looks generally under nourished.  How long has the tree been planted, and what is the fertilizer program that has been given to the tree?

-+

Hi there, thanks for the reply! I’m actually not on a strict schedule when it comes to fertilizing my trees but I do use a combination of an organic 6-3-3 citrus mix fertilizer and a 10-6-4 citrus food. I’m new to growing trees so I don’t actually know the schedule of fertilizing my trees. Thanks for the help!

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 10:36:56 PM »
When I see my tree leaves are showing a nutrient deficiency I apply a foliar low-concentration fert spray, and also apply a tyical root liquid fert application.  A foliar spray is supposed to be a "quick fix" to correct an immediate issue

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 11:40:33 AM »
Depending on the age of the citrus tree:  1 Yr. old 6 times a year.  2 yr. old 5 times a year. 3 yr. old tree 4 times a year; 4 yr. old and older 3 times a year. If your tree is planted in the ground you can use an organic fertilizer, but your tree will not obtain the growth, as it would if you used a conventual fertilizer.  The best to you and your tree.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk