Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Shatian Pomelo 沙田柚 is selling in Asian market for the first time

(1/3) > >>

pinkturtle:
First time seem Shatian Pomelo selling in Asian supermarket here.  I brought 3 of them.  Time for moon cake festival.

slopat:
Nice!  Did they sell out?

Moon festival next Tuesday already huh? 

I like the cakes from Easten Bakery in San Francisco Chinatown the most... no dried up egg yolks or pasty fillings!

pinkturtle:
Easy to separate between the pulp and internal layer.  The pulp is firm, chewy, and not burst like the other pomelo.  After eat the entire pomelo, none of the pulp got burst. 

random roll dice

slopat:
Visiting family this weekend,  San Jose Lundy 99 Ranch has them too... the spouse goes "you spent $13 on what?"  Me: "but pinkturtle bought even more!" ...   so, yes dear, let me buy you and your siblings some coffee...

Anyways,  thanks for the heads up on the pomelo availability! Notice what 99 labels them as? Same bag and all.

pinkturtle:
Pomelo is one of the must have fruits during moon cake festival.  People in Asian give pomelo and moon cake as a gift during the festival time.

I read an article regarding there are surplus of pomelos in the Asian area due to COVID-19 this year, not a lot of people visiting each other.  I think that is the reason Shatian Pomelos are selling locally here for the first time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version