Author Topic: Looking for seeds of Annonaceae native to Bolivia, Peru  (Read 2205 times)

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
Looking for seeds of Annonaceae native to Bolivia, Peru
« on: March 24, 2016, 08:26:27 AM »
I want to buy seeds of species mentioned on pages 16-19 http://www.bmchiquitano.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Gu%C3%ADa-de-Frutos-Silvestres-Comsestibles-de-la-Chiquitan%C3%ADa.pdf

Annona aff. herzoguii p.16
Duguetia marcgraviacea p.17
Annona nutans p.18
Rollinia herzogii p.19

Kona fruit farm

• Aloha
    • Big Island; Hawaii. Kona 1700' Elev. Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for seeds of Annonaceae native to Bolivia, Peru
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »
I feel like I wish I wouldn't have seen this post and opened this book.  Now I too want seeds from these fruits.  All those annonas in fact look awesome.  How about that dark red one??  Wow.

Plus about 90% of all the other fruits shown in that book :(
With 3 acres of prime real estate for growing tropicals... why not create my own garden of eden?? Work in progress

guozhenbang

• china
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 04:28:35 PM »
I feel like I wish I wouldn't have seen this post and opened this book.  Now I too want seeds from these fruits.  All those annonas in fact look awesome.  How about that dark red one??  Wow.

Plus about 90% of all the other fruits shown in that book :(.

Haha, precisely because of this, life will not stop the pace of progress. It's like dragon fruit, very attractive.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 09:30:06 PM »
Excellent book find! Thanks for posting. Lots of little known fruits described, not just annonas. Book is in spanish, but all of you will understand the great color photos with latin names.
I think it will be very hard to get seeds of those annona species, unless we can find a member in that part of Bolivia or Peru. A fruit safari might be called for to that part of the world.
Oscar

AnnonAddict

• Growing too many things at once
    • Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 12:00:36 AM »
Excellent book find! Thanks for posting. Lots of little known fruits described, not just annonas. Book is in spanish, but all of you will understand the great color photos with latin names.
I think it will be very hard to get seeds of those annona species, unless we can find a member in that part of Bolivia or Peru. A fruit safari might be called for to that part of the world.

Some good surf in peru as well.

Im down, should you buy the plane tickets or should I?
Jackson

Kona fruit farm

• Aloha
    • Big Island; Hawaii. Kona 1700' Elev. Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »
i volunteer to seek out these fruits with a fruit hunting team.  haha  we must bring these fruits out of obscurity!
With 3 acres of prime real estate for growing tropicals... why not create my own garden of eden?? Work in progress