Author Topic: What varieties of mango trees do you consider precocious or somewhat precocious?  (Read 1399 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
I have an acquaintance who's moving to a new property in South Florida. He wants to set up a mini Grove as soon as he unpacks his suitcase.His AARP card has mold growing on it. What gallon size?  Which varieties? Would  you suggest that he plants in his mini Grove. He would like to get fruit in his basket sooner rather than later :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:03:06 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Pickering and Little Gem, for sure.  Maybe Honey Kiss?
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Pickering and Little Gem, for sure.  Maybe Honey Kiss?
What size tree gallon wise would you suggest he Plant 15 or larger
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

johnb51

• View Profile
You're not unemployed due to Covid-19 like me, are you?  I'm sending you to SeaWalnut University in Romania.  They're having their first football game this Saturday, but I think it's soccer.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 02:10:01 PM by johnb51 »
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
You're not unemployed due to Covid-19 like me, are you?  I'm sending you to SeaWalnut University in Romania.
How far is that from Narcoossee

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
I find that most 15 gallons are kind of lanky but he could possibly gain a couple years

johnb51

• View Profile
I find that most 15 gallons are kind of lanky but he could possibly gain a couple years
Nope, only 3 gallons for me.  They grow super-fast and strong.
John

johnb51

• View Profile
You're not unemployed due to Covid-19 like me, are you?  I'm sending you to SeaWalnut University in Romania.

Very, very far.  Your family may never see you again.
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Nope, only 3 gallons for me.  They grow super-fast and strong.
what are you using Miracle-Gro I think he should probably plant a Dwarf Hawaiian

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile

Very, very far.  Your family may never see you again.
would I have to take a t a s test because I'm dyslexic

johnb51

• View Profile

Not required.  You're in luck.
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
I would suggest Rosi gold because it is highly precocious but I find it to be Bland  I dug it up gave it to my neighbor and planted a Dwarf Hawaiian

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile

Do they have a satellite branch in Peru at least they have mangoes there.If not I would prefer to go to the prison Colony Down Under because I haven't seen snow since 1987

johnb51

• View Profile

Do they have a satellite branch in Peru at least they have mangoes there.If not I would prefer to go to the prison Colony Down Under because I haven't seen snow since 1987
We had snow when we lived in Dallas 2006-11.  At least three times.  And no Rosigold for me btw.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 09:28:05 AM by johnb51 »
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Is M4 considered somewhat precocious if not I suggest he plants Neelam :) dwarf varieties are slow Growers so I would suggest he would plant at least a 7 gallon

johnb51

• View Profile
Is M4 considered somewhat precocious if not I suggest he plants Neelam :) dwarf varieties are slow Growers so I would suggest he would plant at least a 7 gallon
Neelam was not a slow grower.  It's just naturally small and compact.
John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk