Author Topic: Brand-new pawpaw variety introduced  (Read 1444 times)

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
Brand-new pawpaw variety introduced
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:36:51 PM »
To those who may not have seen or heard, Neal Peterson has released a new cultivar, his first in several years.

It's only sort-of new..... it was one of his advanced selections from the same work that produced his previous cultivars. But he is only just now naming and releasing it.

"Tallahatchie"

You can read more on PetersonPawpaws.com

I was so caught-up in the buzz that I just ordered one from One Green World. As far as I could see, they are the only place selling them right now. Hurry and get one before they're gone!

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: Brand-new pawpaw variety introduced
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:50:26 PM »
I dream that one day il have a Peterson paw paw to my little collection but they are hard to get here.I would choose Susquehanna.

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
Re: Brand-new pawpaw variety introduced
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 02:05:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that!
Susquehanna is my second favorite pawpaw (based on limited but broad tasting experience).
Ironically, I don’t have a Susquehanna tree. I ordered one from a nursery last year. Was a very good sized tree but bare root. It and the other tree from the same source died. All my container-grown ones lived.
Most places selling Peterson Pawpaws here ship bare root but a few like One Green World and G2 Gardens ship in the container.
I may have 2-3 spots in my orchard next  year and would add Susquehanna and another KSU Chappell or 2 (my favorite pawpaw at the moment)