Author Topic: rooting jabouticaba  (Read 1097 times)

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
rooting jabouticaba
« on: June 09, 2018, 11:50:36 AM »
has anyone SUCCESSFULLY rooted jabuticaba cuttings??? cuttings that are about 1/4 inch or so.                                                                    Patrick

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
Re: rooting jabouticaba
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 02:14:40 PM »
I tried rooting a cutting from a red jabo and placed it in a window in a glass.
with rainwater. The cutting kept flushing new leaves to the point that I removed some of
the leaves hoping more energy for roots. This went on for 2-3 months and then I removed
almost all the new leaves but one or two and it quit putting out the leaves and after a couple
more months I gave up. I was hopeful but never a root. The cutting was probably bigger
then a 1/4". It is so easy to leave a cutting or even multiple cuttings in a window. I hope
someone has been successful and will share? In the past I tried to root weeping bottle brush and
finally it worked by leaving them in a glass for several months in the fall.  It hasn't worked
any other time of the year? I will keep trying to figure it out.

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:55:39 PM »
there are many successful brazilian experiments, I read that on scientific papers but I cant find them now...

normal materiales: vermiculite, no rooting hormone was better... the best time was spring and autumn, not summer nor winter. Indoors.

It didnt worked for me but I should try harder!!!

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 07:25:57 PM »
there are many successful brazilian experiments, I read that on scientific papers but I cant find them now...

normal materiales: vermiculite, no rooting hormone was better... the best time was spring and autumn, not summer nor winter. Indoors.

It didnt worked for me but I should try harder!!!

Do you remember if the cuttings in vermiculite were kept in indirect light?
I can't imagine they were in full sun?
Thanks