Author Topic: Let's create a new cold-resistant citrus tree!! "Steps and path to take"  (Read 3151 times)

Zagara

• France North
    • View Profile
Re: Let's create a new cold-resistant citrus tree!! "Steps and path to take"
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2024, 07:03:40 AM »
Thanks for the informations.

I gave a call to the Inrae laboratory I mentioned earlier about their grafting technique.

As lauta suggested, they said that they grow their rootstocks in the dark in order to have elongation and to graft under the cotyledon.

They added that they graft like that only for research purpose citrus. It is not a good way to graft if we want to keep the trees for a long time, because they are very sensible.

Lauta_hibrid

• Argentina, Buenos Aires, La Plata 9B
    • View Profile
Re: Let's create a new cold-resistant citrus tree!! "Steps and path to take"
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2024, 09:08:17 AM »
Thanks for the informations.

I gave a call to the Inrae laboratory I mentioned earlier about their grafting technique.

As lauta suggested, they said that they grow their rootstocks in the dark in order to have elongation and to graft under the cotyledon.

They added that they graft like that only for research purpose citrus. It is not a good way to graft if we want to keep the trees for a long time, because they are very sensible.

ha ha ha!  There are people here who get to the bottom of the matter haha.  I thought that only I did these crazy things of bothering researchers hehe.  🫡well done soldier!!