Author Topic: Lancetilla, Honduras  (Read 3476 times)

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
Lancetilla, Honduras
« on: January 21, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
Has anyone been there? My brother was there a few years, unfortunatelly his cam was stolen later in Panama, so he couldn't show me any pics. My brother likes fruit a lot, but is not a fruitaholic like me (us!). He told me that he liked it. I wonder if any of you have also been there and what are your opinions...

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
Re: Lancetilla, Honduras
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »
I thought Noel, a//k/a FloridaGreenMan did a safari with a couple of my other friends to Honduras about 10 or more years ago.  Noel, was it Honduras or Costa Rica?  I'm thinking it was Honduras.  I know they encountered some really good Pulasan there.  They bought  a few.....ate them as they left....then went back and cleaned the guy out of everything else they had available.  They were that good.

Harry
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

FloridaGreenMan

• Fort Lauderdale FL Zone 10B
    • Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Lancetilla, Honduras
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:03:08 PM »
It was Honduras! We were there for a week long fruit safari. I wrote and article on that trip for the CRFG magazine. Yes , Lancetilla was an incredible garden but many of the best trees were huge. The Mangosteens were 30 feet tall and you needed a long pole to knock the fruits down.  The Pulasans were INCREDIBLE   
FloridaGreenMan