Author Topic: Code of ethics, taking fruits from others growers trees...What's your take?  (Read 12168 times)

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Code of ethics, taking fruits from others growers trees...What's your take?
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 08:21:38 PM »
Great signs!  I have seen similar signs down in the Homestead farming areas. There  is a lot of big time fruit theft especially in the Mamey groves.

I remember hearing about mamey thefts in the redland/homestead agriculture area on the news 2 years ago.

An example of a huge mamey plantation and maybe the largest in south florida is Reyes Del Mamey. They've been around since the 1978.

If Reyes del Mamey have the largest grove in Florida, then it's also the largest in the USA.  They are not grown in volume anywhere else in the states.

That makes sense.  :)
Alexi

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
Re: Code of ethics, taking fruits from others growers trees...What's your take?
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »
What about if the gardener oks it?

JF

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
I'm one of those who pants well into the easements.   

I also know that the foraging rights of wayfarers have been codified at least since the Books of Moshé--- but with convenience stores every mile or two I don't see the need in suburbs.   

I still yell, "Hey!  That's not your tree, is it?!"  "This isn't a public park!"  "I work Hard to take care of that tree so that I and my family and friends can eat those fruits."  "Why are you destroying my food so that you can have green fruit fights on the street?!"  "If you like those fruits, ask your daddy to plant a tree of it in your yard--- then watch it all the time so that nobody steals the fruits!"

On the other hand, I do do often field requests for "star fruits."  "I will pick some for you.  Meet me by the street." 

On New Year's Day I took about a dozen carambolas to each of 20 neighboring houses:  a few each of 'Sri Kembangan' , 'Kari' , 'Missy', 'HEW-1',  'B-10.'
Har

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk