Author Topic: Sweet Tart vs Cecilove Mango  (Read 3914 times)

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet Tart vs Cecilove Mango
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 09:42:04 AM »
Cecilove AND Sweet Tart are both must haves for me.

No need for a mango battle, they can be good friends

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2020, 12:40:43 PM »
Cecilove AND Sweet Tart are both must haves for me.

No need for a mango battle, they can be good friends

You are so right.  One only needs the space, or several cocktail trees!
John

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2020, 01:45:36 PM »
I had some Carla from the original tree, in 2015.  I liked it, and was impressed with the clean fruits, productivity, open growth habit and ease of picking.  I am not sure that I would recognize the flavor now, in any kind of blind tasting.  The season was late, not very late.
You also sampled Carla in 2018 and really liked it as a late season mango.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWDaGtKqhd4&t=741s
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2020, 03:13:33 PM »
I had some Carla from the original tree, in 2015.  I liked it, and was impressed with the clean fruits, productivity, open growth habit and ease of picking.  I am not sure that I would recognize the flavor now, in any kind of blind tasting.  The season was late, not very late.
Thanks for the confirmation that it is late season I'm planning on grafting it to my M4 for it is said to be alternate bearing. From what I've read about Carla it has a classic acid flavor which I tend to like.
Bovine421
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2020, 09:18:21 AM »
I'd definitely like to taste all three--Cecilove, Phoenix, and Carla.  I hope Alex has all three next year.
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2020, 10:47:12 AM »
I'd definitely like to taste all three--Cecilove, Phoenix, and Carla.  I hope Alex has all three next year.
And while you're there I recommend you try White Piri.He had Cecilove online pack #1 on Sunday
I like his pay online and pick up I usually order a week ahead of time. When I was there Saturday i forgot to ask for Cecilove. He did share a sample of sunrise with me which I am very grateful for :)

Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2020, 04:44:47 PM »
I've had a few Sweet Tarts and Ceciloves over the last couple of years.

They are quite different to me.

Sweet Tart has always had a tart component. This year was the best I've had, from a small graft on one of my trees.

Maybe I've never let one (ST) ripen enough, because I can't stand waiting, but think I've hit the sweet spot with it this year, and it was definitely still a bit tart, and amazing.

Cecilove hasn't hit me with the tartness yet. Maybe I need to eat it earlier?

For me, Cecilove has been super sweet with a piney spice to it. Kind of like a classic mango, and then something extra. No fiber, juicy, and wonderful.

I am topworking some trees with CL, and will grow out some a seed for the fun of it, as I am ST. Maybe I will add some Cecilove scions to the Sweet Tart tree. My point: they are different and both great mangoes.

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2020, 09:58:13 PM »
Thanks, roblack.  Good information.
John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk