Author Topic: Mango Reviews  (Read 283642 times)

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Re: Mango Reviews
« Reply #750 on: May 31, 2020, 05:57:15 AM »
I don’t know how people can seriously review mangoes now that were picked prematurely. For example all the comments on Cotton Candy. C.C normally is a late season fruit and it’s still May. Any comments at this time about Cotton Candy etc etc etc are meaningless crap. Anyone who gets up publicly and expounds on a mango 6-10 weeks before it’s time may have a screw loose or would rather show everyone how smart they are than have an interest in pure unadulterated truth. There is some member from North Miami who is putting videos of him tasting mangoes that have no basis in reality but he adds a disclaimer to everything he says. So basically he isn’t interested in truth only in something else. I find that extremely destructive and immoral. This site is for sharing accurate info in order to help each and every member new and old get accurate information for multiple reasons. I based my choices of which mango varieties to plant which was a huge investment for me in money and time and very very hard work on the great members here. If these unknowledgeable people were on this board back then I would have been totally screwed. And going forward lots of new people are going to get hurt by these same self centered and maybe dumb individuals. I have 26 Cotton Candy trees and this is the first year I have any fruit from them. I have never tasted one but my decision to buy and plant them was based on comments from a consensus of reviews by the obvious leaders on this board. It’s almost June 1 and not a single one of the fruit has fallen off of maybe only 25-30 on all the 26 trees. Right now it’s way way way too early for an honest review of a Cotton Candy mango. Does anyone who cares really want to hear meaningless comments about a mango so prematurely picked or that dropped off a tree. This is serious business here and anyone who takes this so lightly........

Let's chew this up a bit to help digest.

I don’t know how people can seriously review mangoes now that were picked prematurely. For example all the comments on Cotton Candy. C.C normally is a late season fruit and it’s still May. Any comments at this time about Cotton Candy etc etc etc are meaningless crap. Anyone who gets up publicly and expounds on a mango 6-10 weeks before it’s time may have a screw loose or would rather show everyone how smart they are than have an interest in pure unadulterated truth.

I think I may have the answer in they are sharing their opinions openly, and free of charge to everyone. This is a message board aimed primarily at backyard gardeners, and the general public. Many people here don't have the ability to grow a mango, and if they do, they're doing it in quite unconventional means. If someone buys a mango from the company run by the person who bred and selected a variety, and they feel it's a sub-par variety, I for one would love to hear about it. If it's sub-par in that it is being sold to early, just the same, I would like to hear about it, as it is the company run by the person who bred and selected the variety who is selling it. Sounds like there is no better source to go to for a pure unadulterated truth regarding that variety. In no way are these opinions meaningless crap, as I now know that right now if I was to purchase mangoes in Florida to send to my relatives, I've no reason to pick Cotton Candy over Ice Cream or Sunrise unless I'm buying them for someone who despises strong flavors/ resin-type aromas, and wants to taste a fruit with who's quality falls down relative to the name put on it by the same people selling it.

There is some member from North Miami who is putting videos of him tasting mangoes that have no basis in reality but he adds a disclaimer to everything he says. So basically he isn’t interested in truth only in something else. I find that extremely destructive and immoral. This site is for sharing accurate info in order to help each and every member new and old get accurate information for multiple reasons.

Wow, resorting to personal attacks over an opinion? I wonder why some people can't distinguish between personal opinions and fact and fiction. Even going as far as to call out the morality of someone who has offered their opinion openly and freely to the benefit of those who would listen. "extremely destructive and immoral", if we read on, we may find a deeper motivation which has trigger this Ad Hominem outburst.

I based my choices of which mango varieties to plant which was a huge investment for me in money and time and very very hard work on the great members here. If these unknowledgeable people were on this board back then I would have been totally screwed. And going forward lots of new people are going to get hurt by these same self centered and maybe dumb individuals. I have 26 Cotton Candy trees and this is the first year I have any fruit from them. I have never tasted one but my decision to buy and plant them was based on comments from a consensus of reviews by the obvious leaders on this board. It’s almost June 1 and not a single one of the fruit has fallen off of maybe only 25-30 on all the 26 trees. Right now it’s way way way too early for an honest review of a Cotton Candy mango. Does anyone who cares really want to hear meaningless comments about a mango so prematurely picked or that dropped off a tree. This is serious business here and anyone who takes this so lightly........

Ah, the truth comes forward. It seems that people sharing their honest opinions is cutting into your bottom-line. It also appears that you're very motivated to protect your investment. It seems that you planted these trees based on nothing more than opinions and conjecture, and maybe even a name. If this is the first year you've ever had fruit from your trees, I think your opinion regarding the fruit in question should be worth far less than the opinion of those who purchased the fruit from the most experienced grower of that variety in the world. I see that this is a serious business for you, maybe you're in the wrong business.

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 31, 2020, 06:47:18 AM »
I don’t know how people can seriously review mangoes now that were picked prematurely. For example all the comments on Cotton Candy. C.C normally is a late season fruit and it’s still May. Any comments at this time about Cotton Candy etc etc etc are meaningless crap. Anyone who gets up publicly and expounds on a mango 6-10 weeks before it’s time may have a screw loose or would rather show everyone how smart they are than have an interest in pure unadulterated truth. There is some member from North Miami who is putting videos of him tasting mangoes that have no basis in reality but he adds a disclaimer to everything he says. So basically he isn’t interested in truth only in something else. I find that extremely destructive and immoral. This site is for sharing accurate info in order to help each and every member new and old get accurate information for multiple reasons. I based my choices of which mango varieties to plant which was a huge investment for me in money and time and very very hard work on the great members here. If these unknowledgeable people were on this board back then I would have been totally screwed. And going forward lots of new people are going to get hurt by these same self centered and maybe dumb individuals. I have 26 Cotton Candy trees and this is the first year I have any fruit from them. I have never tasted one but my decision to buy and plant them was based on comments from a consensus of reviews by the obvious leaders on this board. It’s almost June 1 and not a single one of the fruit has fallen off of maybe only 25-30 on all the 26 trees. Right now it’s way way way too early for an honest review of a Cotton Candy mango. Does anyone who cares really want to hear meaningless comments about a mango so prematurely picked or that dropped off a tree. This is serious business here and anyone who takes this so lightly........

Let's chew this up a bit to help digest.

I don’t know how people can seriously review mangoes now that were picked prematurely. For example all the comments on Cotton Candy. C.C normally is a late season fruit and it’s still May. Any comments at this time about Cotton Candy etc etc etc are meaningless crap. Anyone who gets up publicly and expounds on a mango 6-10 weeks before it’s time may have a screw loose or would rather show everyone how smart they are than have an interest in pure unadulterated truth.

I think I may have the answer in they are sharing their opinions openly, and free of charge to everyone. This is a message board aimed primarily at backyard gardeners, and the general public. Many people here don't have the ability to grow a mango, and if they do, they're doing it in quite unconventional means. If someone buys a mango from the company run by the person who bred and selected a variety, and they feel it's a sub-par variety, I for one would love to hear about it. If it's sub-par in that it is being sold to early, just the same, I would like to hear about it, as it is the company run by the person who bred and selected the variety who is selling it. Sounds like there is no better source to go to for a pure unadulterated truth regarding that variety. In no way are these opinions meaningless crap, as I now know that right now if I was to purchase mangoes in Florida to send to my relatives, I've no reason to pick Cotton Candy over Ice Cream or Sunrise unless I'm buying them for someone who despises strong flavors/ resin-type aromas, and wants to taste a fruit with who's quality falls down relative to the name put on it by the same people selling it.

There is some member from North Miami who is putting videos of him tasting mangoes that have no basis in reality but he adds a disclaimer to everything he says. So basically he isn’t interested in truth only in something else. I find that extremely destructive and immoral. This site is for sharing accurate info in order to help each and every member new and old get accurate information for multiple reasons.

Wow, resorting to personal attacks over an opinion? I wonder why some people can't distinguish between personal opinions and fact and fiction. Even going as far as to call out the morality of someone who has offered their opinion openly and freely to the benefit of those who would listen. "extremely destructive and immoral", if we read on, we may find a deeper motivation which has trigger this Ad Hominem outburst.

I based my choices of which mango varieties to plant which was a huge investment for me in money and time and very very hard work on the great members here. If these unknowledgeable people were on this board back then I would have been totally screwed. And going forward lots of new people are going to get hurt by these same self centered and maybe dumb individuals. I have 26 Cotton Candy trees and this is the first year I have any fruit from them. I have never tasted one but my decision to buy and plant them was based on comments from a consensus of reviews by the obvious leaders on this board. It’s almost June 1 and not a single one of the fruit has fallen off of maybe only 25-30 on all the 26 trees. Right now it’s way way way too early for an honest review of a Cotton Candy mango. Does anyone who cares really want to hear meaningless comments about a mango so prematurely picked or that dropped off a tree. This is serious business here and anyone who takes this so lightly........

Ah, the truth comes forward. It seems that people sharing their honest opinions is cutting into your bottom-line. It also appears that you're very motivated to protect your investment. It seems that you planted these trees based on nothing more than opinions and conjecture, and maybe even a name. If this is the first year you've ever had fruit from your trees, I think your opinion regarding the fruit in question should be worth far less than the opinion of those who purchased the fruit from the most experienced grower of that variety in the world. I see that this is a serious business for you, maybe you're in the wrong business.

I hate to see a grown adult devolve into personally attacking someone else for a subjective viewpoint. It also  is ironic that he used subjective views to justify planting over two dozen trees.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 31, 2020, 08:37:52 AM »
Just picked the last of 6 Coco Creams. They have been really good, but not as great as last year's. Squam's site says they ripen June - July.  Have got a couple of Kesars, several still on tree. Real good. Squam's site says they ripen late June - July.

Got well over 100 Glenns, with a second crop currently ripening. 1st round was nice. Wondering if 2nd crop will be more watered down due to all the rain.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 31, 2020, 10:14:31 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 09:57:18 PM by johnb51 »
John

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 31, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOSNOmKn3qc

Truly Tropical tasting table.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 09:59:06 PM by johnb51 »
John

Jani

• Miramar, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 31, 2020, 03:27:13 PM »
here's something different for a review for my Jamaicans out there (mango snobs need not reply :) )!
Just got a handful of "Sweetie Come Brush Mi" from South Dade..
Man what a bust of flavor and juciness in these tiny little gems..
Haven't had these in years! First time I've ever had some grown in Fl.

always longing for a JA Julie

tropical-farmer

• North Miami Beach, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 31, 2020, 04:09:33 PM »
Thank you all the members here who support the free speech and expression of opinion. We had opportunity to taste some of the Indian variety mangoes - Mallika, Kesar and Suvarna Rekha/Sundari yesterday, video review on those will come later. We also had opportunity to taste Pineapple Pleasure finally, together with Diamond and Little Gem.

I went to Walter and Verna's home mango stand a few days back and it was so beautiful to talk about mangoes, a passion we shared together. Walter was thinking about top-working the Pina Colada tree to Sugar Loaf due to popular demand. I told Verna i loveee Pina Colada. She took me to their tree and gave a few, one of them was almost ripe and i have included it in the video. The Pineapple pleasure was also from there. This is my first time tasting PP and only thing i will add not mentioned in the video is i am going to let my other three PP go further ripe in the garage to see how the balance of acid and sweetness changes with ripeness. I also had a mango from forum member 'mangokothiyan's garden. We were going through his garden looking at each mango tree with fruits and i suddenly had a fragrant mango in my hand. The shape looked more like Juliette and color and aroma reminded of Glenn, with orange/pink blush with pale green areas but we looked around and did not find similar shaped fruit. He does not grow Juliette or Glenn so they were out of the equation. The closest match was Little Gem so we thought it was Little Gem that had matured early.

So, this is a review on Pineapple Pleasure, Pina Colada, Diamond and probably Little Gem.
Pineapple pleasure took me by surprise(watch the video for more) , Pina Colada as always was superb tasting, Little Gem i think will develop more complexity to the taste as the season progresses into June-July and Diamond our first time tasting reminded of NDM but with something added.  - https://youtu.be/nz_KFyUEO7o
Satya

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 31, 2020, 06:56:35 PM »
Keep them coming Satya, the reviews are excellent! I eagerly watch all the videos you, Truly Tropical and Sulcata grove put out. It’s great to hear other people’s opinion about a specific mango variety. Everyone’s palate is different but it still gives us an idea about how your palate perceived each mango.

Simon

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 01, 2020, 01:17:10 AM »
tropical-farmer..... I looked at your videos of the mediation garden. Very impressive. I also like what Weiss has to say so you are both correct.
Personally -- meditation is a waste of time. Best prayers are said out loud. Nam Myho Renge Kyo and heart sutra recitation is more effective. As in..... say it out loud. Mantras, minding breaths etc. in meditative silence evaporates into the ether unless you are living off boiled nettles in a cave.  Like Milarepa.
While the story of Milarepa’s cave is a powerful example of one man’s journey to discover his relationship to the world, we don’t need to seclude ourselves in a cave and eat nettles until we turn green to discover the same truth for ourselves! The scientific discoveries …

Or Ray Dalio doing TM for 40 years. D credits TM for his success as a  hedgie worth 20 billions. Axe in TV show Billions is half modeled off him.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 01:23:17 AM by zands »

tropical-farmer

• North Miami Beach, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 01, 2020, 08:10:36 AM »
tropical-farmer..... I looked at your videos of the mediation garden. Very impressive. I also like what Weiss has to say so you are both correct.
Personally -- meditation is a waste of time. Best prayers are said out loud. Nam Myho Renge Kyo and heart sutra recitation is more effective. As in..... say it out loud. Mantras, minding breaths etc. in meditative silence evaporates into the ether unless you are living off boiled nettles in a cave.  Like Milarepa.
While the story of Milarepa’s cave is a powerful example of one man’s journey to discover his relationship to the world, we don’t need to seclude ourselves in a cave and eat nettles until we turn green to discover the same truth for ourselves! The scientific discoveries …

Or Ray Dalio doing TM for 40 years. D credits TM for his success as a  hedgie worth 20 billions. Axe in TV show Billions is half modeled off him.

Thank you Zands. Our meditation garden is just in its beginning stage, we someday will have an urban food forest meditation garden :), won't have a cave but hopefully trees dense enough to create a forest atmosphere. We are reviewing mangoes and meditation is off the topic here but for me it shares the same passion as for mangoes....well not :) mangoes take the advantage during the mango season..hahaha but seriously i think it has helped me a lot. I work in an environment where all the people's mental diseases and physical diseases come pouring at me so without meditation the inner chaos would have swept me into the whirlpool. No wonder most of the docs friends today are themselves on some kind of psychotropic medications that could be just to even fall asleep at night. For me the journey started almost 2 decades ago. My first experience of inner clarity, the expansion of all the senses with an orgasmic sense of oneness with everything that was going on at that moment, it was at a 10 days Vipassana course conducted by S.N Goenka. Vipassana is a very deep surgery of the mind, it took me into my childhood memories that i had forgotten existed and then beyond this life as well the memory of which i had no idea about...i highly recommend to anyone wanting the experience and form an opinion on meditation to first go try this. There is one free 10 day course in Jesup, Georgia and another in Kaufmann, Texas and many in California. In our meditation garden we welcome all forms of meditation because different people go through the experience through different ways. Mantra chantings are also part of our events, so is sound meditation or Kriya Yoga or Sufi meditations or Kundalini meditation. Every way is included because there are many ways, and all lead to the same place, your inner self. If you live close by come to us once this Covid restrictions are lifted.

We had some Indian variety mangoes yesterday. Kesar from 'mangokothiyan' at Coral Springs , Mallika from Hidden Acres in Davie and Suvarnarekha or Sundari from Zhpp. They were all very interesting flavor profiles, all different. Mallika has been one of my favorites for a few yrs now and i like the sweetness combined with the typical indian mango flavor i grew up eating  with the citrusy undertone, simply a combination of many flavors makes it such a diverse taste profile. Suvarnarekha trying for the first time was picked immature i think, or may be the recent rains washed out its taste, otherwise imagine if that peppercorn like spiciness was combined with a high brix this mango would jump into my top 5. Kesar was mild in sweetness and had a resinous taste closer to skin but i think it too got affected by recent rains. I think these 2 mangoes will develop a more peak flavor in dryer and mineral rich soil in CA than in FL.
The video on these mangoes is here- https://youtu.be/pTMxW53OqdE

Satya

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 01, 2020, 02:21:57 PM »

Hey Forum,

An Italian (Me), Jamaican, and Indian...casually enjoying a few mangos while at work on break. Today’s knife fight consisted of 1) Super Alphonse aka 36-8, special thanks to mangocountry for making this contestant possible grown by ZHPP, 2) O-15 grown by ZHPP and 3) Ice Cream as grown by me. I asked the reviewers to rate their preferred mangos with a description and afterward I revealed their identities. Their notes are up above pictured and I’m going to provide my subjective opinion below.

36-8: this was very complex, more so than the previous season and this probably the only one I’ll get to try this year, I had another but it was picked too soon and didn’t ripen properly/sour wrinkled. There was a faint sweet smell on the outside, I cut it open to reveal a bright yellow orange flesh which is totally fiberless with some thin juice. The texture of the flesh was melting. I tasted a few different flavors some sub acid faint green apple like flavor in the lower beak part of the flesh, while areas around the seed revealed some faint earthiness/musk but it was not objectionable, the resin twist was prevalent throughout the flesh and bite while concentrated in the peel. I enjoyed this mango and the appearance with a pinkish blush was a bonus.

O-15 IMO won the show, it tasted the sweetest of the three with a viscous syrupy resin sugar that permeated the flesh and skin in every bite. I tasted some sweet thick honey upfront slight citrus background and resin throughout. The flesh was melting and slightly darker than 36-8.

Ice Cream: this ice cream was over ripe unfortunately, still sweet and resinous throughout but the flesh consistency was juicy and “Watery”. I find it interesting that Indian reviewer ranked it 2 out of 3 👀🤔 and after the identities were revealed the Jamaican’s response was “wow I’m suprised this is not the same mango you brought in last week” referencing the last tasting of ice cream vs sweet tart vs Kathy were it won 👀

For me in this knife fight the lot fell O15> 36-8 >Ice Cream.

Joe

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 02:55:20 PM by JoeP450 »

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 01, 2020, 02:54:04 PM »
@tropical-farmer

Thanks for elaborating, saying more about meditation practices. So why not have a one day, all day vipassana retreat-session right where you are. Much can be accomplished in one day. The cooler months are better.

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 02, 2020, 09:03:13 PM »
OK. You guys are right. I apologize.

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 03, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »

All good man, you are very lucky to have the land from what it sounds like to plant multiple trees hope you can contribute to this thread in time when your mangos come due and further the understanding of mangos via media pictures/video and flavor descriptions it works out doubly in your favor to further improve your business by seeking continuous quality improvement/feedback and catering to the customer 👍

-joe

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 03, 2020, 05:23:10 PM »

All good man, you are very lucky to have the land from what it sounds like to plant multiple trees hope you can contribute to this thread in time when your mangos come due and further the understanding of mangos via media pictures/video and flavor descriptions it works out doubly in your favor to further improve your business by seeking continuous quality improvement/feedback and catering to the customer 👍

-joe

I completely agree. This forum has been so helpful and we can build a better database with more members contributing their experiences.

On a side note, I absolutely love Lemon Zest Mangos but I only get a mango or two every year or every other year so I’m looking for a replacement. I already have PPK and Orange Sherbet, I also have a couple grafted Orange Essence  trees but I’m thinking of not planting the Orange Essence and planting some Seacrest/Tripple Sec that I just grafted instead.

Anyone that’s tasted both Orange Essence and Seacrest have an opinion which is better tasting? I know tastes are subjective but I love sweet and I love the flavor of Lemon Zest.

Simon

DRFixembones

• Miami, Florida
    • View Profile
    • www.ZacharyDvorkin.com
« Reply #765 on: June 03, 2020, 09:10:33 PM »
Just tasted a Coconut Cream Mango for the first time, purchased at Truly Tropical in a mixed bag of mangos. Was not good. Tasted coconut but no sweetness at all, almost tasted like dirty water. I let it ripen on the counter for a few days after purchasing it and seemed to be ripe. Is that the normal taste??
Zach

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 03, 2020, 09:57:09 PM »

-joe
Joe I don’t do business it’s purely a hobby. The fruit from my 260-270 mango trees goes to friends neighbors relatives then the food bank. I mailed 26 boxes already and never have taken a penny. In fact this year production was so bad I had to spend almost $300 for mangoes at Zill to full fill my promises to mail people mangoes. So you see my insane rant about truth was not based on the almighty dollar but pure truth and love and respect for our subject “the mango.” The trees sit on a 1/2 acre corner lot. Plus about 30 Avocado trees and 3 lychee trees. So about 300 fruit trees on a 1/2 acre corner lot and every one of them is perfectly healthy and disease free. And next week I’m squeezing in 20 blueberry bushes specially created for zone 10 and 1 of the varieties grows even in 11.

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 04, 2020, 12:20:17 AM »

-joe

I completely agree. This forum has been so helpful and we can build a better database with more members contributing their experiences.

On a side note, I absolutely love Lemon Zest Mangos but I only get a mango or two every year or every other year so I’m looking for a replacement. I already have PPK and Orange Sherbet, I also have a couple grafted Orange Essence  trees but I’m thinking of not planting the Orange Essence and planting some Seacrest/Tripple Sec that I just grafted instead.

Anyone that’s tasted both Orange Essence and Seacrest have an opinion which is better tasting? I know tastes are subjective but I love sweet and I love the flavor of Lemon Zest.

Simon

I have tasted both Orange Essence and Seacrest and have them grafted on to my trees. Very little to choose between them in terms of flavor, both are really sweet and have more than a hint of Gary flavor in them. Orange Essence is more productive, at least in my yard.   

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 04, 2020, 05:08:37 AM »

-joe

Simon

I have tasted both Orange Essence and Seacrest and have them grafted on to my trees. Very little to choose between them in terms of flavor, both are really sweet and have more than a hint of Gary flavor in them. Orange Essence is more productive, at least in my yard.
Crushed up some pea sized Coconut Cream to get a better idea of this Gary flavor. It smells like orange creamsicle, 50/50 bar.

I look forward to trying some of these when the tree is a bit larger.

DeeMango

• I can haz a mango?
    • US, St. Petersburg FL, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 04, 2020, 09:32:04 AM »
Just tasted a Coconut Cream Mango for the first time, purchased at Truly Tropical in a mixed bag of mangos. Was not good. Tasted coconut but no sweetness at all, almost tasted like dirty water. I let it ripen on the counter for a few days after purchasing it and seemed to be ripe. Is that the normal taste??

Not at all. A properly ripe Coconut Cream should have a coconut-pineapple flavor, very sweet, just a little creamy. I love Coconut Cream, but I'll be the first to admit they can be a little temperamental. They easily get "washed out" by too much rain; every once in a while you'll just get a bad one and early ones tend to have less flavor than those at peak season. Never judge a mango on the first try. I always try to taste something different times over different seasons from different sources.
Dee (I can haz a) Mango

DeeMango

• I can haz a mango?
    • US, St. Petersburg FL, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 04, 2020, 09:44:05 AM »
Has anyone else noticed how good the Sunrise are this year? I've been getting them from Stanley's Mangoes on Pine Island (Bokeelia) and they have been amazing. Super sweet with a hint of tartness, creamy with a lovely spice, and probably the juiciest mangoes I've had in ages. I mean JUICY. You could probably stick a straw in these suckers and drink them!
Dee (I can haz a) Mango

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 04, 2020, 11:56:35 AM »
Has anyone else noticed how good the Sunrise are this year? I've been getting them from Stanley's Mangoes on Pine Island (Bokeelia) and they have been amazing. Super sweet with a hint of tartness, creamy with a lovely spice, and probably the juiciest mangoes I've had in ages. I mean JUICY. You could probably stick a straw in these suckers and drink them!

One of my favorite  mangoes!!!

FlMikey

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 04, 2020, 12:06:15 PM »

Sunrise and Sweet Tart are my 2 favs.  I tried buying a Sunrise tree but I guess it's not propagated anymore.

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #773 on: June 04, 2020, 12:15:34 PM »
Love Sunrise.

Shameless plug: We graft it on order for anyone interested In this no longer propagated tree  :D

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 04, 2020, 01:42:02 PM »
Love Sunrise.

Shameless plug: We graft it on order for anyone interested In this no longer propagated tree  :D

Hey Alex,

Why is sunrise not propagated anymore? I’d be surprised if disease, the mangos I’ve seen are spotless 👀 thanks for heads up.

Joe