Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 2410 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« on: December 24, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »
Wishing you a very merry Christmas.  Remembering the real reason of Christmas. - Millet

Chas

• Hungary, Zala, 6b
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 11:11:52 AM »
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »
Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year!
Thanks for all the interesting articles Millet throughout the year, I appreciate your efforts and have learned allot!
Mike

cory

• USA, NJ, Zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 11:33:49 PM »
Yes, Merry Christmas to all!   It was 74°F in NJ today and the cherry trees are blooming for Christmas all over town.  My citrus trees in the greenhouse have been in non-stop bloom since September.  I probably should have left them all outside this year as it has been so warm.  Thank you Millet for all the interesting information you post.  I am going to foliar feed my trees leaves as you suggested for better spring bloom even though they have been in constant bloom all fall and now winter.  I am also trying my best to maintain the temperatures you suggested to insure optimal bloom and fruit set.  It must have been our cool dry summer that set the bloom mechanism for the fall and winter bloom I am getting.  I hope my trees are not all tired out for the spring bloom season.  Have a happy and healthy New year and a blessed Christmas.

Cory

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 12:01:39 AM »
Cory, the east coast states are warm because this is an El Nino year.   On El Nino years the western USA gets a lot of snow and the eastern states gest warm weather. - Thanks for being a member of this forum during 2015. - Millet

Tom

• USA, Alabama,Montgomery, zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 12:14:46 AM »
Merry Christmas Millet and all !

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 08:43:16 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone. Thanks for all of the informative posts.
Michael

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 09:11:28 AM »
Merry Christmas to all!  ;D

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 09:34:17 AM »
Cory, the east coast states are warm because this is an El Nino year.   On El Nino years the western USA gets a lot of snow and the eastern states gest warm weather. - Thanks for being a member of this forum during 2015. - Millet

You cant always go by the book's definitions. ..el nino events, especially historical occurances like this one, usually bring cold and wet to the South, Florida included  (with tornadic outbreaks in our State).  Well, so far we have been wet, with little severe events, and unseasonably /unusually warm and only a possible cool front by the first weekend of 2016.  Not el nino like at all.

With that said, the forecast is for a neutral to possibly la nina by the early part of hurricane season and with the potential pattern, above average storm count, potential of more majors, and steering toward the Cunus.  Sure hope that forecast is a bust too...

oh, before I forget...  a very Merry Merry to all you citrus heads and your significant others/families!
- Rob

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 07:53:59 PM »
Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year to all.
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk