Author Topic: Does anyone have experience with Epin or Cirkon?  (Read 1665 times)

Alejandro45

• Palm Beach FL, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Does anyone have experience with Epin or Cirkon?
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:13:08 PM »
Well here it goes my first post!
I was cruising on Top Tropicals website and found these hormones from Russia for sale. Has anyone used these for their plants? Especially the EPIN which claims to increase the hardiness of the plants. 

Reason being I have become very interested in the mangosteen species. First thing did was purchased the book "5 decades with tropical fruit tree" great book gave me so many ideas on what to do.

Cheers

AlexRF

• Subarctic Member
  • Alex
    • Russia, Saint-Petersburg, warmhouse
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have experience with Epin or Cirkon?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 01:00:54 AM »
I mean this products unlikely to increase Mangosteen hardiness. Vegetable growers in Russia praised them. Fruit growers almost never used.
YES WE SCAN NEW TROPICAL FRUITS

geosulcata

• SW FL
    • View Profile
    • Sulcata Grove
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 10:10:32 PM »
I think a greenhouse would be the avenue to go down if you are wanting to grow Mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana)

Alejandro45

• Palm Beach FL, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 10:25:56 AM »
AlexRF: I will give the EPIN a shot and report my results back on the board.

Geosulcata: I agree a greenhouse is going to be necessary for the Garcinia...I am going to start with the button mangosteen and go further... I will need the rootstock apparently. I live in Hollywood but fortunately my parents live in Miami Shores a stones throw away from the Biscayne bay and hopefully when they are larger they may be able to live out there year round with minimal protection.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 04:02:04 PM »
I would go easy on the pgrs especially when young. Iv killed a few plants with over liberal use of Brassinolide, Triacontanol and other growth regulators
 The margin for error is pretty tiny. I have no experience with either of the ones you mentioned but I think the cold protection would be minimal at best any papers on how effective they have been found to be at this purpose?
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau