Author Topic: WTB: large Achacha in SFL?  (Read 2379 times)

FruitFreak

• USA, FL, Naples, 10a
    • View Profile
WTB: large Achacha in SFL?
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:44:42 AM »
Would like to purchase larger achacha
- Marley

FruitFreak

• USA, FL, Naples, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: large Achacha in SFL?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:03:47 AM »
Would like to purchase larger achacha

BUMP
- Marley

kar1ma3

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 01:03:34 AM »
how big? You can get a small one and watch it growing fast

FruitFreak

• USA, FL, Naples, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 03:23:07 PM »
how big? You can get a small one and watch it growing fast

I would be happy with a 3gallon.  From my very limited experience achacha are not quick to grow the first few years.
- Marley

kar1ma3

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 01:30:22 AM »
Yes, it is not so quick to grow for the first 18 months I would say, but summer is coming and it will grow fast! It needs protection during the winter or greenhouse if you want it growing faster. How tall do you want? I can make from 1ft to 3-4ft by autumn and will plant in a 3 gallon pot. $15 now or $100 then. I'm trying to say that you can do the same yourself. Osmocote plus is the simplest way to grow it faster during the summer and also you can get better results doing organic way and with worm castings/ worm tea. It needs everyday or every second day watering and good drainage and some extra fertilizer and filtered light, something like 30% shade cloth, you can try 50-60% shade cloth if you want it taller and leaves greener.

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 09:21:51 AM »

Are you on ebay? I bought some good starter plants from someone near you.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/genuineprotection?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

Yes, it is not so quick to grow for the first 18 months I would say, but summer is coming and it will grow fast! It needs protection during the winter or greenhouse if you want it growing faster. How tall do you want? I can make from 1ft to 3-4ft by autumn and will plant in a 3 gallon pot. $15 now or $100 then. I'm trying to say that you can do the same yourself. Osmocote plus is the simplest way to grow it faster during the summer and also you can get better results doing organic way and with worm castings/ worm tea. It needs everyday or every second day watering and good drainage and some extra fertilizer and filtered light, something like 30% shade cloth, you can try 50-60% shade cloth if you want it taller and leaves greener.

hawkfish007

• Highland, CA, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 05:12:39 PM »

Would you sell and ship a 3-gallon Achacha to California? I am interested in purchasing one, please let me know.