Author Topic: Looking for: Miracle fruit + Moringa  (Read 2053 times)

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Looking for: Miracle fruit + Moringa
« on: August 29, 2018, 04:57:28 PM »
Please send me a PM if you have seeds for miracle fruit and Moringa oleifera for sale.

Thanks!
-Kris

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
Re: Looking for: Miracle fruit + Moringa
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 05:33:42 PM »
I got PKM1 Fresh hybrid seeds, PM sent

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 05:38:59 PM »
I have moringa seeds, you can just have some.  They are really easy to grow.  The lilikois are rooted now too.
Brad Spaugh

zephian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 05:46:42 PM »
I have moringa seeds, you can just have some.  They are really easy to grow.  The lilikois are rooted now too.
Awesome! Thanks Brad! The wife will be very happy to hear that.

@Behl: What is the difference of PKM1 vs traditional? The wife buys a green powder with moringa and some other greens in it but I'd rather not have to re-order that powder and just supplement our breakfast smoothies with something we grew ourselves... it's like $30 a bag!
-Kris

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 05:53:49 PM »
The stuff grows like weeds, definitely dont pay for dried leaf.  Its so easy to grow my mother inlaw took some seeds and put in her garbage soil and just waters it and less than a year later they are 10ft tall and covered in seed pods.

The miracle fruit is a lot more difficult to grow.  I havent grown them but from the research Ive done its not that easy in CA.  Needs acid soil and humidity.  Best bet for those is to buy a plant on ebay from a seller in CA so it doesnt have to be acclimated from FL or HI.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 05:56:00 PM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

zephian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 05:59:05 PM »
That's what I've heard too. I'll be pruning them very heavily and keeping them in a pot as long as I can.
I'm quickly building a potted plant army while I clear out old trees on my lot. Is it true they also have a shallow root system? I have a shade tree in my front yard that produces nothing edible and is just tearing up my yard with roots I am anxious to remove. We will be redoing the front yard and I think many of my eugenias + pomegranate trees and berries will make their way out there and they will need a fast growing shade tree for the valley summers.

For the Miracle fruit I'd really love to try and grow it from seed but I'm in no rush on killing them if they're too pricey. I've gotten dozens of seeds from this site this year and I've become addicted to growing things from seed.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 06:01:04 PM by zephian »
-Kris

RodneyS

• Cerritos, CA (Zone 11a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »
I have PKM2 moringa seeds & seedlings

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 06:17:23 PM »

Nice, I could not find any PKM2.

PKM1 grows fruits that are quite fat, heavy yield.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 06:21:00 PM »

do you have picture of pods? I saw on ebay and they have picture of pods that are very long. I normally dont trust ebay on plants or seeds.

kh0110

• USA, Cerritos, CA 90703, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 07:33:29 PM »
Hey Rodney, I'm interested in getting some seeds or a couple of seedlings of the PKM2 also.

Thanks.
Thera

Fygee

• Las Vegas Gardening Community Admin
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • View Profile
    • Las Vegas Gardening Community
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 12:27:39 PM »
Also interested in the PKM2.
Continuing my journey to disprove those who say "You can't grow that in the desert" since 2013.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 01:29:40 PM »
Whats the Winter plan for the potted army?
I think you could maybe grow Moringa as a 4-5 month annual.
Miracle fruit, just save your money, buy some berries, they keep in the freezer.
Pomegranates , Capers, Olives. Create protected micro climates with bomb proof plants for your area and then you can have a better chance keeping the marginal for your area sub tropicals alive.

That's what I've heard too. I'll be pruning them very heavily and keeping them in a pot as long as I can.
I'm quickly building a potted plant army while I clear out old trees on my lot. Is it true they also have a shallow root system? I have a shade tree in my front yard that produces nothing edible and is just tearing up my yard with roots I am anxious to remove. We will be redoing the front yard and I think many of my eugenias + pomegranate trees and berries will make their way out there and they will need a fast growing shade tree for the valley summers.

For the Miracle fruit I'd really love to try and grow it from seed but I'm in no rush on killing them if they're too pricey. I've gotten dozens of seeds from this site this year and I've become addicted to growing things from seed.

zephian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 02:16:18 PM »
For now they will be coming inside. 4 bed house for just the wife and I, I have the room. I may end up throwing up lean to from PVC and greenhouse plastic for the winter though against my house or a hoop house.
I'm starting the 'army' now but I will be building a long term green house in the back too. I've got the perfect spot... once I cut down a palm tree. :)

Whats the Winter plan for the potted army?
I think you could maybe grow Moringa as a 4-5 month annual.
Miracle fruit, just save your money, buy some berries, they keep in the freezer.
Pomegranates , Capers, Olives. Create protected micro climates with bomb proof plants for your area and then you can have a better chance keeping the marginal for your area sub tropicals alive.

-Kris