Author Topic: Soursop Grafted onto Cherimoya  (Read 1578 times)

xshen

• Glendora &amp El Monte, 10A
    • View Profile
Soursop Grafted onto Cherimoya
« on: April 11, 2017, 07:46:09 PM »
I got some Cuban Fiberless Soursop scions from JF/Frank about a month ago or so. They were grafted onto cherimoya roostocks and they’re starting to grow. I am curious about the long term compatibility of it and I have not seen anyone evidence of an older grafted soursop on cherimoya tree. Does anyone know if there will be compatibility issues in the long run? I was told Ethan had success grafting soursop on cherimoya but I have not seen his trees.

Anyone want to share your experience?

Samu

• North Tustin, So. California, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Soursop Grafted onto Cherimoya
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:40:47 PM »
Hi Xshen,
this guy from Cloudforest forum in San Jose, is also experimenting since August 2015. His last entry was Sept. 2015, so not sure if his experiment survived the subsequent Winters or not...

http://www.cloudforest.com/cafe/gardening/graft-soursop-cherimoya-t6124.html

Good luck with yours!  :)
Sam

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
Re: Soursop Grafted onto Cherimoya
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »
Great job Xue. You are looking for compatibility--- I think you'll pass that test--- more importantly, will the blooming cycle change? This is a fruiting soursop which has bloomed only in late October making it impossible for the fruits to hold thru our winter. If the rootstock changes the blooming cycle it will be a game breaker....good luck and keep us posted!   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk