Author Topic: Latest Fruit Haul  (Read 1614 times)

AnnonAddict

• Growing too many things at once
    • Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Latest Fruit Haul
« on: January 25, 2014, 10:31:51 AM »

Mmm, mmm mmm! This wonderful display of fruits come from Norman Beard, there was a grafting thing at his house that I went to and he let me pick a few fruits. I ate those pink fleshed guava's in a heartbeat, the flavor was amazing, although a tad tart. The Surinam Cherries actually tasted good to me, they were sweet this time, I remember tasting them at Ong's Nursery and it tasted like expired soy sauce. Haven't gotten to eating the Cherimoya's yet. The Inga's were the Inga striata I was recently selling, I currently do not have seeds but might this weekend or the next. There are some longans hiding in there too, they are pretty good on a regular basis but they get too pungent for me. Hiding in there is also Red Strawberry Guava and Pink Fleshed Lemon.

If you are in SoCal and anywhere near Goleta please visit Norman.. he's got a heck of a farm. I've got to update on his Rollinia tree very soon...
Jackson

FloridaGreenMan

• Fort Lauderdale FL Zone 10B
    • Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Fruit Haul
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:40:03 AM »
Very nice haul Anon Addict! Let us know how the Cherimoya tastes!
FloridaGreenMan

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »
You forgot to buckle your fruits! Would you rather eat scrapings from the windshield? ;)

omarudy

• Miami, FL Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »
You forgot to buckle your fruits! Would you rather eat scrapings from the windshield? ;)

He wanted a fruit smoothie, shaken, not stirred... ;D

AnnonAddict

• Growing too many things at once
    • Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 06:04:27 PM »

He wanted a fruit smoothie, shaken, not stirred... ;D
LOL!!! I am going to eat the Cherimoya for breakfast tomorrow, I'll tell you all how it is. I took the picture in the care because my phone had a 5% battery charge at the time.
Jackson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk