Author Topic: Glenn mango tree, not healthy need help south florida  (Read 1200 times)

Bishop

• Zone 10
    • View Profile
Glenn mango tree, not healthy need help south florida
« on: April 16, 2019, 09:50:30 PM »

Have a several year old Glenn mango which doesn’t seem to be as healthy as I would like. Pretty sure I have scales and some amount of Anthracnose. Would like advice on addressing these issues, once fruit drops can take most steps. Also, what seems like a larger than normal number of underdeveloped fruits have fallen off the tree on their own, which has me concerned. I have done some reading but would appreciate if there is an service or person in the area who could do fertilizing, treatments and proper pruning at end of season to improve my chances of a much better year next go around.

Thank you

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Glenn mango tree, not healthy need help south florida
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 09:59:52 PM »
The two mango scales in the first picture have holes--- exit holes of the beneficial parasites that kill those scales.  If the majority of the scales have holes, no action by you is required.

Black sooty mold on leaves grew from honeydew produced by the mango scale before the beneficial parasites arrived.  It will take a while for the mold to starve and peel off.

PS:  I didn't notice this post before because I rarely go looking for new threads to respond to.  But I respond to the Mango Diseases, Pests, and Nutritional Problems thread almost every day that someone posts there.
Har

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk