Author Topic: Website not secure!  (Read 4023 times)

fruitloopy

• USA,FL,Stuart, 10a
    • View Profile
Website not secure!
« on: February 01, 2019, 08:45:44 AM »
Why do I always see this?  In red letters no less.  Can this be repaired?  “Well, of course it can”,you say.  I mean, will someone fix it?

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Website not secure!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 09:47:52 AM »
Google wants all sites to use SSL (https://), but we would need to buy an SSL certificate for that (usually a bit expensive).
Jeff  :-)

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 02:35:00 AM »
It’s a bummer that message shows on websites, regardless of whether it really needs an ssl or not. The host definitely doesn’t offer it as part of the package? I remember being worried about the ssl cost for my little muck around site. When I eventually got around to it I found I was already eligible for one as part of my hosting package.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 02:39:23 AM by Ulfr »

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 04:22:59 AM »
Google wants all sites to use SSL (https://), but we would need to buy an SSL certificate for that (usually a bit expensive).

You might be able to get a free one. Just Google free ssl certificate

SoCal2warm

• zone 10 and zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 04:37:48 AM »
I hope any changeover wouldn't affect all prior links to the site.
(Example, somebody links to a certain thread, it might have been in a post 2 years ago, and then it no longer works for someone who's going back looking at that post, which is actually more common than you'd think)

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 02:44:48 AM »
We can use https://letsencrypt.org/ for free ssl certs. You would need a web host that supports it or need the knowhow to configure it manually.

liamsoren

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 12:15:15 PM »
You still escaped quickly. When I had just started my own business and seemed to get up on my feet, the orders appeared more often, and I was infected. Then I had massive problems, and I had to delete my page and start a new one, but I armed myself with level security this time. I read several articles from the [spam link]. I turned to several friends, and so then I had no problems. To understand this was three years ago, and now the business is at the highest level. So don't give up.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 10:56:43 AM by JakeFruit »

Toilettootie

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 09:51:00 AM »
Spammer
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 11:34:07 AM by JakeFruit »

cassowary

• Australia FNQ 13a Tropical Monsoon
    • View Profile
    • cassowaryseeds
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 03:53:20 PM »
From my experience SSL certificates only last aout 90 days and they then auto-renew and these days they are included in the hosting fee of most hosts so no extra fee. But i don't know how this website is setup so can't comment on it's implementation.

I know from experience that old links dont get damaged. But again I don't know how this website is hosted etc. so can't say for sure.

SSL will increase the google search ranking so more people will see the content that is posted here which could lead to an increase in members which could lead to donors. So even if there is a cost it could pay itself of eventually possibly.
CASSOWARYSEEDS.COM
Seed shop and Seed exchange

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk