Author Topic: New citrus arrivals  (Read 3346 times)

luak

• U.S, Arkansas, Eureka Springs,Z7.
    • View Profile
New citrus arrivals
« on: May 29, 2014, 03:03:36 PM »
I got my new tree's from Harris last week,a dream naval, xie shan, meyer. All are looking good. Hopefully my page got better pollanation. Harris sure got a nice selection of tree's.
For the prices i could go crazy if i got the room.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:26:42 PM by Millet »

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: New citrus arrivals
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 08:51:33 PM »
luak, your exactly correct about Harris's prices.  Their priced are excellent.  They also have varieties that are not always shown on their Internet page.  So if you are looking for a variety of citrus that they don't show, be sure to ask Ruth about it.  They often times have it. - Millet

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:42:07 AM »
Try picking them up yourself, if you think the shipping prices are great, they will blow your mind and talk your ears off, in a good way. I picked some up in October and have had great luck with them. Two of the ones I picked up were from the conversation as interesting items that at the time were not on their website.

Scott_6B

• North Shore, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 11:24:08 AM »
If I had to guess I would think that it would not be legal for someone to personally transport trees out of FL even if they were purchased directly from a nursery that is approved for out of state shipment.  There would have to be some way to ensure that the trees were boxed/sealed and were not opened before leaving FL.

luak

• U.S, Arkansas, Eureka Springs,Z7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 11:55:02 AM »
When i took one out of the 3gls container because i thought that pot i planted the Xie shan in was too small and replanted in a 7 gls container i notice several long white roots allready develponing. The rootball it came with was well develop.
Harris must know what they are doing.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:29:39 PM by Millet »

robbyhernz

• Tubac, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 04:36:21 PM »
I wish I could get a xi shan here in AZ. I haven't been able to find it anywhere here and we can't import citrus!

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »
You got a Xie Shan from Harris?  When I called them last month they told me they wouldn't be ready for sale until July/August.

Scott_6B

• North Shore, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 05:21:12 PM »
I also got a Xie Shan this spring from Harris, but I placed the order back in Feb.  I believe there was some discussion on the availability of Xie Shan at Harris over on Gardenweb. So I suppose it isn't surprising that they sold out.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 08:32:44 PM »
In my personal citrus collection (about 50 trees), in my opinion Xie Shan is the best tasting variety that I have.  I have 3 Xie Shan trees, and they all came from Harris. - Millet