Author Topic: I'm looking to buy fresh noni fruit, noni tree or cutting  (Read 5986 times)

dianavegh

• Edison NJ USA
    • View Profile
I'm looking to buy fresh noni fruit, noni tree or cutting
« on: March 15, 2014, 06:12:57 PM »
Hello everyone,

I live in New jersey, and I would like to buy fresh noni fruit reguralry from someone who can ship here.
I'm also interested in a noni tree that is old enough to produce fruit, or noni tree cutting.
Thank you.

7_Heads

• View Profile
Re: I'm looking to buy fresh noni fruit, noni tree or cutting
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »
Aloha, I offer small plants, Green Noni too. Please check my eBay listing Item 141002553547   
~NONI~ Green Tahitian Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Tree LIVE Seedling. Fruits are not permitted by USDA. Fruits would not be edible even if they were allowed (nasty smelly even fresh). Easy to grow your own in a container, Noni fruits easily in pot.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:54:03 AM »
Do you know where I could get seeds for the related species Morinda officinalis (Ba ji Tian)
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:24:15 AM »
 Noni is not a good tasting fruit, BUT it has lots of anti Cancer properties more than Guanabana..

I think ADAM can source the NONI tree for you & he delivers..

ED..
Zone 10

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »
Noni grows wild here along sea shore right in solid black lava. Might be kind of a challenge to grow in NJ unless you have a good greenhouse?
Oscar

dianavegh

• Edison NJ USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 02:59:08 AM »
I'm trying to grow it with growlights, and in the summer outside. It is possible to get small starter plants here, but nothing that is a good size plant.I actually love the taste of the fruit, reminds me of spicy pickles.I know the fruit grows in Florida, almost every nursery sells the trees, but apparently nobody sells the fresh fruit.I would love to get the trees shipped from Hawaii, maybe bareroot with next day air, if somebody can ship.And I would really love to buy the fresh noni fruits.perhaps from someone in Florida.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 03:21:15 AM »
Noni should be easy to fruit in a container. Suggest using deep pots as it likes to throw down a very deep tap root. Go easy on fertilizer as it seems to thrive best in poor soils. You should be able to source a good size plant from Florida nurseries.
Oscar

dianavegh

• Edison NJ USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »
Thank you Oscar, and thank you for the tip about the deep pot.I'll keep that in mind.I also believe noni does not like manure-type of fertilizer, but loves Hawaiian black lava.I've ordered some online, I'm planning to mix regular potting mix with black Hawaiian lava half and half.I would also like to buy a really rich, black lava from Hawaii, I feel that there is better one than the one I've been able to source online.is there anyone who would sell that?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 07:10:09 PM »
Thank you Oscar, and thank you for the tip about the deep pot.I'll keep that in mind.I also believe noni does not like manure-type of fertilizer, but loves Hawaiian black lava.I've ordered some online, I'm planning to mix regular potting mix with black Hawaiian lava half and half.I would also like to buy a really rich, black lava from Hawaii, I feel that there is better one than the one I've been able to source online.is there anyone who would sell that?

Google black cinder Hawaii. Probably somebody sells it. I get it by the truckload here, but it's also sold bagged.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk