Author Topic: Champgne orange with trouble...  (Read 1586 times)

Cassio

• Brasil, São Paulo, Zone 11b, Köppen: Cfa/Cwa
    • View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
Champgne orange with trouble...
« on: March 01, 2015, 07:07:10 PM »
Maybe somebody can help to identify what is happening and how to solve the problem.
Note the grayish color in two points of the trunk. There, exists a really tiny point where the sap flows to outside of the trunk. Any ideas?  :-[

Cassio

• View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
Re: Champgne orange with trouble...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:18:02 PM »
Well, looks like I figured what is that for myself: Gomosis is the name, and looks like Calda Bordalesa can solve the problem.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 10:36:19 PM »
Normally gummosis (a phytophthora disease) is treated with systemic fungicides.   Are you planning to apply Calda Bordalesa, which I believe is a copper based  fungicide, as a topical treatment?  Are you sure it works on gummosis in a topical application?  - Millet

Cassio

• View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 01:17:26 PM »
Normally gummosis (a phytophthora disease) is treated with systemic fungicides.   Are you planning to apply Calda Bordalesa, which I believe is a copper based  fungicide, as a topical treatment?  Are you sure it works on gummosis in a topical application?  - Millet

Hi Millet!

Yes, its a copper based fungicide, and I´m already applying it. I think it´s known as Bordeaux mixture in english, I´m right?
I´m covering the trunk with the Bordeaux paste, and looks like it is doing effect, cause I don´t see sap flowing to outside the trunk anymore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk