Author Topic: pakistan mulberry near charlotte nc or ocala florida?  (Read 1714 times)

tiar ranch

• charlotte nc
    • View Profile
pakistan mulberry near charlotte nc or ocala florida?
« on: June 06, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
I am very interested in cuttings and have two locations that would be convenient to pick up.  please let me know if you have some available in these areas, or are willing to ship.

thank you!

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Re: pakistan mulberry near charlotte nc or ocala florida?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:54:58 AM »
I just cut down a tree of Pakistan mulberry yesterday and processed the cuttings for clones last night.
 Please send a PM as I can easily ship these.

tiar ranch

• charlotte nc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:18:39 PM »
thanks for the response.  what hardiness zone are you located? 

any others with successful plantings in Charlotte? or Ocala Fl?

TonyinCC

• Trying to enjoy home grown fruit 12 months a year
    • Cape Coral,FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 02:32:59 PM »
The mulberry and fig expert in North Carolina is Dr A.J Bullard. I don't have his number or remember his address anymore,  but I am sure you can get in contact with him from this link.I have known him since the mid 90's but haven't seen him in over 15 years.  Well worth the trip, if you show interest in mulberries it is likely you can talk him into a tour of his place in NC. He was an early pioneer of zone pushing for lots of subtropical fruiting plants and a member of the North American Fruit Explorers.  I know he has a particular fondness for mulberries and has probably tried every variety possible. I would expect he still maintains the best varieties from decades of searching. I can't make promises but you might be able to get scions mailed from him.
http://www.herbarium.unc.edu/Collectors/Bullard_AJ_files/Bullard_AJ.htm

AlwaysHotinFL

• Lakeland, FL Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »
If you travel to Winter Garden from Ocala you can go to Our Kids Nursery- he is growing Pakistani long blueberries.
-Casey

tiar ranch

• charlotte nc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 11:09:31 PM »
The mulberry and fig expert in North Carolina is Dr A.J Bullard. I don't have his number or remember his address anymore,  but I am sure you can get in contact with him from this link.I have known him since the mid 90's but haven't seen him in over 15 years.  Well worth the trip, if you show interest in mulberries it is likely you can talk him into a tour of his place in NC. He was an early pioneer of zone pushing for lots of subtropical fruiting plants and a member of the North American Fruit Explorers.  I know he has a particular fondness for mulberries and has probably tried every variety possible. I would expect he still maintains the best varieties from decades of searching. I can't make promises but you might be able to get scions mailed from him.
http://www.herbarium.unc.edu/Collectors/Bullard_AJ_files/Bullard_AJ.htm

thank you, i'll try to contact him

tiar ranch

• charlotte nc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 11:11:37 PM »
If you travel to Winter Garden from Ocala you can go to Our Kids Nursery- he is growing Pakistani long blueberries.

thanks!  i'll try to stop by on our next trip down in 2 weeks