Author Topic: sale  (Read 10796 times)

MMMMommy

• View Profile
Re: sale
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »
No, I did not buy as its against my rules to spend that much on one tree and have no warranty. I did taste their persian mullberry and  I am telling you its one heck of a fruit, damn, my fingers were in blood within seconds of picking one, very sweet, juicy, and seedless. I have pakistani mullberry which is supposedly even better than persian one.  But their prices were quite high, $110, less 20% for it.

Everything else I was not impressed with. I think they are marking up high and discounting big to attract.

I've never tasted persian or pakistani mulberry.. but my neighbor has a wild mulberry tree and I'm not a fan of the fruit.  If their tastes are anything similar than I don't think I'll miss it :)

I tasted a strange fruit there for the first time, too.   The fruit is black, conpletely round & about a bubble gumball in size.  It's sweet, but not too sweet & have 3 small seeds.  Do you know what it's called?

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 11:38:24 PM »
I tasted a strange fruit there for the first time, too.   The fruit is black, conpletely round & about a bubble gumball in size.  It's sweet, but not too sweet & have 3 small seeds.  Do you know what it's called?

Is it a jaboticaba? Looks sort of like a shiny grape usually with thick skin.

MMMMommy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »

Is it a jaboticaba? Looks sort of like a shiny grape usually with thick skin.

I thought so at first, but the fruits are formed at the tip of the branch, not on the branch like Jaboticaba.