Author Topic: Used Grizzly G0594 Chipper Shredder for sale -- $150  (Read 1800 times)

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
Used Grizzly G0594 Chipper Shredder for sale -- $150
« on: August 30, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »
I just upgraded to the Mackissic 12PHT8HMC, so I no longer have a use for it. I've used it for about 6 years. It's in "fair" condition. The screen blew a hole, and I temporarily mended it, but there's no telling how long that will last. I've been told by a former Mackissic dealer that the Mackissic Mighty Mac screen will fit the Grizzly. Whether that's true or not, I cannot confirm.

The motor is a briggs & straton 6.5 industrial commercial. I upgraded the clutch from the stock clutch to an industrial clutch that has lasted several years. I replaced the carb a year or so ago. I also replaced one of the bearings (I still have spare bearings that I will give you.)

I don't know how much life it has left, but it fires up every time, and the motor is probably worth at least my asking price. If you're mechanically inclined and /or have a welder friend, you could probably keep this thing running for many years to come.

Retail price is $800. My asking price is $150. The manufacturer has stopped selling it, but this is the one: http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/Large-Chipper-Shredder-w-Briggs-Stratton-/G0594

The machine is a nice combo of ease, power, and safety. I've put my hand a little too deep into the shredder hopper a couple of times and walked away with nothing more than a sore finger. When I did that on the Mackissic, it tore a big chunk out of my finger and tore my leather gloves to shreds. Needless to say, I'll never be doing that again... :-/ The chipper end is also too slim to fit an arm down, so it's what I consider very safe (unlike the mackissic -- an entire arm could go in there, I won't be wearing loose clothing around that monster).

Jeff  :-)

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
Re: Used Grizzly G0594 Chipper Shredder for sale -- $150
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »
Hi Jeff.  I have a question.  What size branch (diameter) will this machine handle?  Or do you just use it for mulching up leafy material and tiny branches?
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »
It will take 2 inch sized branches. The blade hasn't been sharpened since I got it, so recently it's been slower at cutting them than usual. I was putting 3/4 inch sized branches down the hopper. I forget the factory specs on it though.

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 05:58:20 PM »
Here's a link to the manual. They are saying 3 inch sized branches in the chipper and 3/8 inch branches in the hopper.

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g0594_m.pdf

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk