Author Topic: Newbie Meyer lemon general health question(pic heavy)  (Read 860 times)

awitz2001

• Rochester NY 6B
    • View Profile
Newbie Meyer lemon general health question(pic heavy)
« on: March 25, 2020, 11:22:02 AM »
Recently picked up a couple Meyer lemon trees from a local nursery. They had just gotten them in. While they have new growth, a few lemons and new blooms, the leaves just don't seem healthy. They trees were obviously heavily pruned , and many of the leaves seem to have what I can only describe as dried  hard water spots on them and are curled under, cut, or just not happy looking. The pics don't really show the extent of the curling.. I've only had them about 2 weeks and haven't repotted them as I don't want to add to the stress. They are in a south facing window and are receiving 6-10 hours from a grow light as we've had very little sun lately. They have not been fertilized, have been watered once, and the soil 2" down is not dry. Anything to worry about or just acclimation time needed? TY

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 04:50:18 PM by awitz2001 »

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
Re: Newbie Meyer lemon general health question(pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 07:04:59 PM »
Plants were stressed, they will recover in few weeks.
It also looks like they were sprayed with quite hard water, perhaps also salt build up in the medium.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:40:59 PM »
The tree was handled rather hard by the nursery, but still looks to be healthy.  It is flushing out in several locations on the tree.   With your good care it should soon be well on its way.

awitz2001

• Rochester NY 6B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 10:23:22 PM »
Thank you for the reassurance. May I ask, what is "flushing out?"

Thanks again
Aj

Bomand

• LouisianaCFDFMY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 09:04:48 AM »
Flushing is the new growth that occurs several times each year. Anytime you change the environment with citrus you get some reaction. Give a little time and things should right themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk