Author Topic: Looking for Guanabana or Pawpaw leaves, Please help!  (Read 4349 times)

Tim

• Global Moderator
    • USA, Escondido, CA 92027, zone 9b
    • View Profile
Looking for Guanabana or Pawpaw leaves, Please help!
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »
Never thought I'd have to post for this...

Last month, my wife's cousin passed away from Leukemia nearly 6 months after discovery.  Per his request, it was kept from extended family members & relatives until the last week of his life.  Didn't want to cause undue stress for others :(

Today, my brother-in-law is battling stage 3 Thyroid cancer.  He's now open to herbal treatment, whatever helps.  If you know of a source or able to help, please let me know.

Thank you
Tim

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Guanabana or Pawpaw leaves, Please help!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 05:15:37 PM »
This is where i buy my guanabana leaves from to send to affected family members..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xguanabana+leave&_nkw=guanabana+leaves&_sacat=0&_from=R40

good luck..
Zone 10

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 05:59:08 PM »
Tim,

Sorry to hear about the horrible news. Best of wishes to you and your family.  Hope you find a good source of leaves soon, maybe order from a few ebay sellers and see which one has the best product and price.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Re: Looking for Guanabana or Pawpaw leaves, Please help!w
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
I can most likely get some asimina parviflora (and or triloba) leaves.  I would just need to be compensated for gas, and shipping.

How are they stored after you receive them?  dried? or in freezer (fridge?).

sorry to hear this news, I want to help however I can!

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 06:27:52 PM »
Hi Tim, sorry to hear the sad news. I think apart from taking herbal medicine it's also important to maintain a very good diet. By very good diet i mean one that is as free from chemicals as possible, and also one that is very easy for the body to digest. I found this movie very helpful in terms of diet advice and also attitude advice for people diagnosed with cancer. It's called Crazy Sexy Cancer. I know that's a strange title but the movie is quite good, especially the extras in the DVD that give food advice. You can rent the movie from Netflix. The author also has a website: http://kriscarr.com/products/crazy-sexy-cancer/ As a result of her experience battling liver cancer she has written some food books. When she was diagnosed they told her she had 4th stage liver cancer, no treatment possible, and only a few months to live. She is alive and very well after many years after that diagnosis. I wish your brother in law the best.
PS i've heard that Pau D Arco is also very good herbal treatment. It is the bark from the plant Tabebuia impetiginosa.
Oscar

jegpg1

• Punta Gorda, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »
Is Guanabana = soursop? My nephew's wife who is on hemodialysis is also looking for soursop leaves. Not sure why but that prompted me to sow some seeds. I am sure soursop trees are available at PIN. TT has them on 1,3 and 7 G available. BTW, hope you get some leaves.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 06:45:56 PM »
Is Guanabana = soursop? My nephew's wife who is on hemodialysis is also looking for soursop leaves. Not sure why but that prompted me to sow some seeds. I am sure soursop trees are available at PIN. TT has them on 1,3 and 7 G available. BTW, hope you get some leaves.

Yes. Guanabana is the spanish name, and soursop the english name for the same plant (Annona muricata).
Oscar

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »
Tim, best of luck to your brother in law.  My wife has follicular thyroid cancer, my father in law has both papillary and follicular that metastasized to his brain, and my daughter has a suspicious thyroid nodule that will likely require surgery.  My wife had her thyroid removed almost 5 years ago, my father in law had his thyroid removed 6 years ago and brain tumor removed 2 years ago. Both are doing good now.

One of the best things that can that can be done when diagnosed with cancer is to educate yourself and find out who can give you the best treatment.  Make sure your brother in law is getting treated by someone that specializes only in thyroid cancer.  If surgery is performed, again make sure it is someone that specializes.  If radio active iodine is required, thyrogen is a drug that can make the treament more effective and the dose lower, which may reduce the risk of a secondary cancer.  Thyca is an organization that helped us and is a great source of knowledge on this cancer.  Unfortunately my wife found them after her surgery and RAI treatment.  But she did find the expert doctor that continues to monitor her and my daughter through Thyca. With the knowledge she gained she also forced her father to get his brain surgery at Moffet Cancer Center instead of the local hospital, which probably saved his life.

http://www.thyca.org/
Brandon

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »
Recently i had 2 family members affected by cancer , one had prostate cancer the other had cervical cancer .

I started sending them Guanabana Leaves from The USVI from ebay , they took the leaves in tea form , Both had surgery the removed the affected areas , in both cases the DR stated that no Chemo Was needed & that the cancer had NOT spread.

Its not a scientific study , but id like to think that the Guanabana Had alot to do with the cancer not spearding ..

Dont Know why this tree is not been studied more ! , if it has some healing properties it should be investigated .

I think everyone should plant a Guanabana Tree Just Incase theres something to it..

Best wishes..
Zone 10

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 10:24:51 PM »
Tim, sorry to hear that your brother-in-law is fighting cancer, I have a few Paw Paw trees, please send (PM) your address and how best to send leaves!!!Also how many leaves!!

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 11:33:26 PM »
Tim, will custard apple leaves help, I also have some paw paw leaves and I'm down in Chula Vista.

Mark

CoPlantNut

• USA, Longmont, Colorado: Zone 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 01:03:30 AM »
I can also provide some pawpaw leaves and can generally ship cheaply to California 2nd-day; PM me if you're interested- they should be green until late September here.

Kevin

kimi

• Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 05:27:57 AM »
Hi Tim

Most sorry for the bad news.  Have you heard of the Aloe Vera recipe?  I'm only suggesting because Aloe Vera seems to be more easily obtainable.  Its a recipe used quite widely here in Perth, Australia.  My elder sister was diagnosed with stage 4 rare type of lung cancer over 7yrs ago... nothing could done - no hope... doctors could only try and ease her pain as best they could in her final days.  She's cured and doctors are baffled and can't explain it.  Yes, we used below recipe.  Just a personal story... nothing more, nothing less. 

http://www.aloeterapia.com/en/en_recipe_aloe_arborescens_juice.htm

Recently there's another cure being circulated around here - cay luoc vang (callisia fragrans) if you're looking at alternatives.
kimi

jez251

• Miami, FL Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »
Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, and I wish you and your family the best in trying to find a good solution to this problem. A few years back I read a University of Florida cancer study involving papaya leaves. Here is the article:

http://news.ufl.edu/2010/03/09/papaya-2/

While this study indicates that it helped in very specific types of cancers I thing it is worth the read.

If you do need some papaya leaves I can send some to you.

Thanks,
Jaime

Tim

• Global Moderator
    • USA, Escondido, CA 92027, zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »
Thank you edzone9, nullzero, ASaffron, jegpg1, fruitlovers, cbss_daviefl, ScottR, marklee, CoPlantNut, kimi & jez251 for your kind words and help. 

He's always been a healthy eater, almost too picky.  Always with greens, veggies & fruits.  Been juicing a lot lately as well.  We'll read into all link suggestions.  I will contact those who have leaves readily available. 

Kimi - what's the difference between aloe Arborescens and aloe vera Barbadensis?  Did your sister specifically use arborescens or just regular aloe vera?

Again, thank you very much to everyone that's offered help.
Tim

kimi

• Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 12:32:34 PM »
To be honest, not sure why they've specified the aloe vera in the recipes nowadays.  Mum's copy of recipe only stated aloe vera.  The ones mum uses to make the drink is the fleshy one that comes up if you google aloe vera gel - very thick fleshy leaves. 

My cousin from Virginia buys them from his local supermarket so I think they're quite readily available in the US.
kimi

NewGen

• Zone 10a, Central Valley, CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 02:04:30 PM »
Tim,
Sorry to hear about your family situation. Wish you guys the best. How many soursop leaves do you need? My tree is pretty small, about 2'+ tall, so not much to offer.

xshen

• Glendora &amp El Monte, 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 05:40:08 PM »
Hi Tim,

I have also have a smaller soursop tree about 4' tall.  I can strip all the leaves on the two lower limbs and send them over if you message me your addy.

Good luck man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk