Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172999 times)

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
Madre mia! Tremenda coleccion!  :o

PM send

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Madre mia! Tremenda coleccion!  :o

PM send

Gracias por tu valoración Felipe! es un orgullo para mí poder disponer de todas estas especies para uds., cultivo unas 150 especies actualmente y es todo un trabajo, pero rinde sus frutos y lo disfruto un montón

NateTheGreat

• SF Bay Area, 9B
    • View Profile
Good Morning Marcos

Do you have any more info on Jaboticaba de Posadas? Mine are doing very well. You said it's similar to sabara, but are there differences?

Have you considered that the sweet ubajay could be Eugenia lutescens or lutescens x pyriformis? It doesn't resemble the pictures of E. myrcianthes to me. Do you know how big these get? E. myrcianthes gets 8-15m from what I've read online.

After 5 1/2 months, I have had very good germination on jaboticaba de posadas, black cotrg, orange cotrg, sweet ubajay, pitanga, and psidium myrtoides. 1 of 5 plinia rivularis sprouted, 1 of 5 jaboticaba de campo ramon sprouted then quickly died, and 0 of 5 Campomanesia xanthocarpa, hybrid araca, and psidium guineese. I used a mix of peat moss, sand, a bit of loam, and a bit of chicken manure. I planted the ubajay, pitanga, and cortg in the ground this spring (I think their root system will be much stronger if they survive), and they took 38 C in full sun for three days this week.

Jaboticaba de Posadas:

Psidium myrtioides:

Orange Eugenia aff. involucrata (I really like the orange-tinted new growth:

Obera black pitanga:

Sweet ubajay:

Plinia rivularis:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:45:45 AM by NateTheGreat »

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hola aquí en Argentina hay un gran apagón y no puedo responderte en inglés en este momento porque me tomaría mucho tiempo pero te agradezco por haber sacado las fotos y espero que puedas Traducir esto con Google Translator en cuanto lo baja y estoy seguro de que es Eugenia myrcianthes en cuanto al jaboticaba de posadas los frutos son más grandes y son muy dulces son más grandes que los de Samara pero la verdad es que las hojas son bastantes parecidas a las de sabara y en cuanto a que tus pequeñas plantitas soporten 38 grados centígrados en pleno sol me parece algo increíble Si las hubiera puesto a esa temperatura de tan chicas aquí hubiera muerto voy a ver si más tarde podría responderte en inglés lamentó que se haya muerto algunas plantas y en cuanto a la germinación de la guabiroba Es normal que sea bastante difícil porque todavía no ha germinado para mí por lo menos y la persona que es dueña de un árbol grande en misiones dice que lo mejor es enterrar los frutos con lo cual quizás la próxima vez voy a vender los frutos enteros si es que alguien se anima a tomar el riesgo de recibir frutos enteros en su país

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
Envié un Email

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Yesterday I sent 6 packages:

I would just sow them in a good moist soil and wait 20 to 90 days for them to sprout (64ºF to 86ºF, 18ºC to 30ºC), in the shade; no summer sun when small, good water if possible (rain, acid), or without chlorine; use acid soil with sphagnum moss or river peat with nice forest leaves or so, garden soil, something that drains well like perlite or vermiculite, some organic matter ... I would later add manure, not when I sow. Never let it dry.

For jaboticabas, eugenias, campomanesias, psidium, Annona sylvatica, etc. (rainforest species):
Be very careful with the direct sun in summer or when it is very hot, get accustomed to the shade and never lack water. They could take full sun when taller than 2 feet or 60cm or so, before that, use morning sun or half shade (not too hot from the afternoon heat). Psidium and Campomanesias would support more sun, but take care: if they dont like your soil and/or dont have enought watering, they will suffer with more sun.

Cheers!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
* New araticú sp. (Annona sp.) seeds coming soon! You can buy them now, limited stock!

2 rare unknown species, yellow fruits, sweet pulp similar to A. deliciosa but smaller, similar to A. sylvatica.

5   seeds USD 16
10 seeds USD 30
20 seeds USD 58
40 seeds USD 110
50 seeds USD 135

See:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

00christian00

• Italy, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
Hi Marcos, what's the difference between Annona Sp #1  and #2?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi Marcos, what's the difference between Annona Sp #1  and #2?

Hi: araticú sp #1, sweeter and smaller fruits:

Araticú sp #2, sweet bigger fruits, bigger leaves

Both of them are tasty.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Our new araticú species seem to be ANNONA NEOLAURIFOLIA (http://www.colecionandofrutas.org/annonaneolaurifolia.htm)!

ARATICUM-AÇÚ comes from the Tupi and means: "Soft fruit", and the adjective AÇÚ describes the large size of the fruit (greater than 8 to 10 cm) being the largest of the species in the south and southeast. Also called Pindauva yellow, Araticum Açu do mato and Araticum black.

Standing tree from 5 to 12 meters high (when in the woods), with a slender trunk and olive green to light brown, measuring from 10 to 20 cm in diameter. This species is easily identified as having leaves similar to cinnamon or laurel (so it has scientific name laurifolia).

Seeds are small, smooth, narrow and half triangular in length. They can be stored after they have been demolished and dried and in a dark place for more than 1 year. When planted as soon as they are harvested, they germinate in 40 to 60 days. The seedlings reach 30 cm with 9 to 10 months of age, most appreciate shaded environment for training. The fruiting begins with 4 to 5 years, depending on the soil and cultural dealings.

The fruits are very tasty for the in natura consumption; and the seeds do not readily release from the pulp having a yield of 40% relative to the fruit. The fruits can also be pulped and the pulp frozen for future use or immediately to make mousses, ice creams, use in the dough or fillings of cakes and biscuits. The fruits of this species have bark resistant to handling and for this reason is very promising to be cultivated by family farmers who can market them in open markets.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Today I sent 5 packages

I would just sow them in a good moist soil and wait 20 to 90 days for them to sprout (64ºF to 86ºF, 18ºC to 30ºC), in the shade; no summer sun when small, good water if possible (rain, acid), or without chlorine; use acid soil with sphagnum moss or river peat with nice forest leaves or so, garden soil, something that drains well like perlite or vermiculite, some organic matter ... I would later add manure, not when I sow. Never let it dry.

For jaboticabas, eugenias, campomanesias, psidium, etc. (rainforest species):
Be very careful with the direct sun in summer or when it is very hot, get accustomed to the shade and never lack water. They could take full sun when taller than 2 feet or 60cm or so, before that, use morning sun or half shade (not too hot from the afternoon heat). Psidium and Campomanesias would support more sun, but take care: if they dont like your soil and/or dont have enought watering, they will suffer with more sun.

Chañar is from dry to humid climate (It grows in grassland where it has no trees above it and can live isolated.), it can live with 700mm to 1500mm of anual rain. I dont have much experience sprouting them but I remember they can take 1 month or more. They can take more sun than the others. Some people say “most of fabaceae family plant seeds need soaking in warm water for 12-24 hours. The germinating time will be shorter with this method.”