Author Topic: New Greenhouse  (Read 3237 times)

hrnsyrk

• Orlando, FL
    • View Profile
New Greenhouse
« on: May 07, 2015, 03:02:22 AM »
Dear All,
after longtime waiting and planning;  finally finished my new greenhouse . it is 350 m2 . i wanted to share photos of construction steps . it took 2,5 days to complete . by this occasion i would like to thank you all as many of you (they know themselves)  have fingerprints on my collections and were very supporting and sharing so far and to feel this spirit among you  is amazing. otherwise it wouldnt be so easy to keep up motivation to continue to grow or creat a collections as many failures occured during past years.  there is still a longway to go - many things to learn and new things to add to my collection, thanks to you all.
Warm regards
Harun

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: New Greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 03:24:02 AM »
Very nice looks like I see some cherimoyas in the background. Congrats on the really nice greenhouse.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

hrnsyrk

• Orlando, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 04:40:28 AM »
Thank you Nullzero ,
 main collection based on Cherimoya-white sapote-dragon fruits and feijoas. to make it clear , i guess it is better to attach some photo of previous greenhouse inside which was very concentrated ! it was hard to walk inside and plus had some runing Blacksoldier fly culture within small greenhouse. it was pretty much  like plastic bag that you try to fit everything in no matter what ... 

KarenRei

• Arctic Member
    • Reykjavík, Iceland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 06:49:26 AM »
Dear All,
after longtime waiting and planning;  finally finished my new greenhouse . it is 350 m2 . i wanted to share photos of construction steps . it took 2,5 days to complete . by this occasion i would like to thank you all as many of you (they know themselves)  have fingerprints on my collections and were very supporting and sharing so far and to feel this spirit among you  is amazing. otherwise it wouldnt be so easy to keep up motivation to continue to grow or creat a collections as many failures occured during past years.  there is still a longway to go - many things to learn and new things to add to my collection, thanks to you all.
Warm regards
Harun

Could you elaborate more on how you built it?
Já, ég er að rækta suðrænar plöntur á Íslandi. Nei, ég er ekki klikkuð. Jæja, kannski...

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »
Congratulations!  Your trees look great.

I am enjoying my new man cave now going on 4 years......like this young Sharwil that's holding a lot of marble sized fruit now.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:51:53 AM by Mark in Texas »

hrnsyrk

• Orlando, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 02:21:28 AM »
Thank for inspiration Mark !

Karen , below you can see the links related green house construction supplies. i live in greenhouse region so there are many professional companies . generally you give your dimensions and they give you all parts to connect by  capscrews

http://www.uskasera.com/tr/plastik-sera-modelleri/index.php

http://www.uskasera.com/tr/parca-urunler/parca-urunlerimiz.html

i hope that can give you some idea .. the ones i built myself before was done by basicly bending long iron pipes.

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 08:16:29 AM »
Don't know if you have or will automate but I'm really happy with my controller, iGrow 800.   http://link4corp.com/products/igrow100.php 1 HP German Locke motors, rack and pinion driven vents.

Are you providing for the ingress and egress of pollinators?  That was one of my main concerns and it worked out fine.  I get hundreds of bees and other pollinators coming and going thru the open vents come spring.

Good luck

MangoFang

• Palm Springs, CA, Zone 9B
  • Palm Springs, CA
    • Riverside, Palm Springs/CA, 92264,9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 01:32:34 PM »
Harun - looks great!  Huge actually! And so convenient to have greenhouse builders nearby....
Is the scaffolding metal or plastic?  It looks like aluminum perhaps....

And what is your soil like?  Looks very sandy like mine here in the So. California
desert - even your mountains look very similar to our...oh, and what are you average
temps in summer and winter?

(sorry for all the questions  :o)

Gary

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 09:42:58 AM »
Looks good. Make sure to take tons of pics to make us drool over your trees. :)

Zambezi

• USA, Houston, TX. Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 06:24:06 PM »
Harun, what a nice, huge greenhouse! It looks wonderful so far! Good luck and have great fun planting.
I'd love to see the pics of it all planted in.  8)

AnnonAddict

• Growing too many things at once
    • Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 07:38:04 PM »
Very nice! Hopefully it will be put to good use with lots of Annona's, Eugenia's, and lets not forget Artocarpus!
Jackson

hrnsyrk

• Orlando, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 02:51:39 AM »
Mark,
Thank you for recommendation but my main problem is electricity which i dnt have in the field . so i m working on a small scale solar supply  just to run lamps at night and pond pumps(aquaponic)...  both side will have opening windows so pollinators or curious bugs can get in and out .

Gary ,
it is galvanized iron . so it dnt get rusty . about soil , i m unlucky . i guess it is  purely limestone . my garden located downhill and previous owner were excavating the hill  and laying the crushed material in the field .. so even you  give tons of water it all goes away in a second .. i just had to buy few truck load  "normal soil"  as on photo . 

i ll update photos . the main issue now is to take out plants from big pots with least damage . the  difficulty here is the soil is very heavy and there is no way to slip them out by holding from the plant so working on it to find a better way..

on the back - nordest , i ll make a line of sapotes as many friends warned me about their height potential and the rest of green house will be mostly from cherimoyas . i ll try to add new things eventually with your recommandations .
thanks
Harun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk