Author Topic: Keeping security camera in my garden  (Read 2142 times)

Annamary

• Canada
    • View Profile
Keeping security camera in my garden
« on: January 31, 2017, 05:05:33 AM »
I think it is always a good idea to have a security camera at home and in the garden as well. I just started perfecting my garden when one day in the morning when I woke up I saw that the whole garden was in a disarray. I felt really bad because I put in a lot of effort to make that garden good. It turns out that our neighborhood was vandalized by a few burglars and someone thought that it was a good idea to mess up the garden. That incident shook me up and I decided to get a good surveillance camera http://protectionplus.ca/   so that I could keep an eye on what was going on outside.

Solko

• Zone 8b-9a
    • Europe
    • View Profile
    • Visual Art
Re: Keeping security camera in my garden
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:51:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum. What do you grow in your garden? The fruits of fear? Better keep a good eye on them!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:53:12 AM by Solko »

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »
I think it is always a good idea to have a security camera at home and in the garden as well. I just started perfecting my garden when one day in the morning when I woke up I saw that the whole garden was in a disarray. I felt really bad because I put in a lot of effort to make that garden good. It turns out that our neighborhood was vandalized by a few burglars and someone thought that it was a good idea to mess up the garden. That incident shook me up and I decided to get a good surveillance camera http://protectionplus.ca/   so that I could keep an eye on what was going on outside.

The link took me to the website that provides camera service. How much for installation and monthly fee?

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:56:46 AM »
I bought a couple of DLink cameras at Best Buy for about $50 each.  There is no monthly fee, and you can set the cameras to record all the time, or just when motion is detected.  You can vary the sensitivity of the motion, but for outdoors, you might just need to turn them on and record every night.  They also can "see" in infrared, for nighttime. 
You log into their website to do all the managing, and you must have WiFi and a good signal at the location you want to place the cameras.  I got the "indoor" cameras, but they make indoor/outdoor ones also. They have worked out really well.
I have caught a variety of hanky-panky with my birds in the greenhouse (who prefers the taste of which tree, etc), and also discovered where the mice get in.  I wish I could figure out how to speed up the playback, and I would use it for time-lapse cactus flower blooming!

Carolyn

hrnsyrk

• Orlando, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 11:05:25 AM »
Hi
I m having similar problem and i m using a wildlife cam with battery. Brand is stealth. My collegue brought me from canada... works pretty well and makes feel better to know something is recording there. We spend more energy and time than money for our plants.. i also put few fake camera with signs to give a chance to think before doing anything...but mostly they are not so smart....

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 08:56:35 PM »
You guys need to learn to setup mousetraps that hit a nail with a cap on it or hollowed out shotgun shells.  Use a trip wire to set it off.  It will scare the crap out of the theives and wildlife. Works well for deer.
Brad Spaugh

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »
I have The Ring set up at the front door can also do the yard , it videos any movement within the range of the Camara and sends a live feed to your cell giving you the option to talk via the cCamara s speaker.

Zone 10

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk