Author Topic: Time Difference  (Read 1203 times)

TREESNMORE

• USA Palm City FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Time Difference
« on: July 18, 2019, 08:12:13 AM »
I have a lot of friends in CAlifornia . Who call me and I call mostly about plants. But at a decent time not 12:51 AM. I know there is a time difference. I post my phone # on this forum to help, trade and sell plants. I will do nothing to help this person. That is what he was asking for help.
Mike

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Re: Time Difference
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »
Was it a call? or was it someone who was trying to schedule a text message for an appropriate hour and hitting the send button by mistake?

Clay

• USDA Zone 10B, 75' ASL, Orange County, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 02:36:54 PM »
I have a lot of friends in CAlifornia . Who call me and I call mostly about plants. But at a decent time not 12:51 AM. I know there is a time difference. I post my phone # on this forum to help, trade and sell plants. I will do nothing to help this person. That is what he was asking for help.

My phone has a programmable Do Not Disturb mode that I have set for silence from 10:30 P.M. to 6:45 A.M. Works great!
<<<< Clay >>>>
Orange County, CA 92626

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 02:42:29 PM »
Sometimes people get very excited about something, and make a call not thinking about the time zones. If they are new to the world of fruit collecting, it could be something like that - or, perhaps they don't get off work till later and are still charged up.

A firm scolding should be enough to deter this behaviour in the future, and a second chance is always nice to give. If they make the mistake again, you can tell they are too careless for their own good...

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 04:27:56 PM »
Plant addicts have insomnia.
The addictions get really bad so they need to call someone.

Das Bhut

• Davie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 04:40:09 PM »
no good deed goes unpunished