Author Topic: Annonacin amounts in Annona fruits.  (Read 4406 times)

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Annonacin amounts in Annona fruits.
« on: June 01, 2016, 01:20:11 PM »
I found this interesting FDA lab study done recently on Annona fruits. For those with concerns with the toxicology of the fruit and its affect on cells. After reading through it, it seems that Rollinia, Atemoya, Sugar Apple, and most likely Cherimoya and Custard Apple have very low amounts of Annonacin and Squamocin. Pawpaw on the other hand has extremely high amounts with high amounts in soursop varying. It seems the annona fruits with the most domestication benefited greatly with drastically lower amounts of Annonacin.

Fruit                                                         Annonacin                 Squamocin
                                                               (μg/g dry weight)       (μg/g dry weight)

Graviola pulp, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil              323                          113
Graviola pulp from Belém, Brazil                   631                          127
Graviola pulp from São Paulo, Brazil            1034                              6.1
Atemoya pulp from Belém, Brazil                      3.8                         68.0
Atemoya seeds from Belém, Brazil                 454                       14201
Atemoya pulp from Pilar do Sul, Brazil               3.68                       76.2
Ata pulp from Belém, Brazil                              2.70                        0.85
Biribá pulp from Belém, Brazil                           2.21                        5.28
Pawpaw pulp from Missouri                          7724                         162

Here is the PDF I uploaded, converted from power point presentation.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/314499988/FDA-Annona
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

shah8

• Atlanta, Ga
    • View Profile
Re: Annonacin amounts in Annona fruits.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 02:12:49 PM »
a tip for when eating pawpaws...be generous in scooping out the jelly around the seeds and don't to scrape off flesh from the skin with your teeth.

Pawpaw annonacin levels do vary by a bit by variety.

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 10:54:49 PM »
Dr Jerry McGlaughlin, long-time pharmacognosist at Purdue University, also found great variability in the Bullatacin, Asimicin, and Annonacin, in Graviola/Soursop, and other Annonaceae.  Paw Paw CellReg was developed from his research.
Har

shinzo

• High Density Urban Cultivator
    • Tunis (Tunisia) - 10 b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:42:39 AM »
Concretely, how many soursop per year per person can be considered as possibly unsafe to eat ? 10? 50? 100?

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 07:30:37 AM »
Now, I dont know if I should eat pawpaw at all...
ONLINE SHOP:

https://www.huertasurbanas.com/shop

30% Discount Coupon: FIRST

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »
Concretely, how many soursop per year per person can be considered as possibly unsafe to eat ? 10? 50? 100?

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »
I wonder if the soursop leaves cure cancer folks will soon be telling pol to eat more pawpaws.

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 05:32:02 PM »
I wonder if the soursop leaves cure cancer folks will soon be telling pol to eat more pawpaws.

We need a scientific-base evidence to conduct this whether it does cure or not.

We use the leaves for tea(guanabana in the Philippines).

The power of BigPharma are suppressing all the natural cures/ treatments in exchange of using their synthetics.
There are many holistic doctors out there had found a cure for cancer, hiv & etc.

All the holistic doctors are being-killed by the Oligarchs. Greed is playing a large role.

One of them was Dr. Sebi.

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 05:47:22 PM »
My sister-in-law, who is from Cameroon, generally only uses "native" doctors.  She developed ovarian cancer a few years ago, and instead of going the "Western medicine route", went to a "traditional" doctor, who prescribed soursop, among several other dietary items.  She had to eat a certain amount (don't remember how much) every day for a month.  She is now supposedly in remission (or "cured", depending on who in the family you talk to...), and did not have surgery or chemo.  Of course, a lot could have gone on that she didn't tell us about, such as "was it really cancer in the first place", etc. But it does make you wonder.  Anything that is cytotoxic is going to affect rapidly dividing cells first, so I would think that, at least in theory, if you ate an amount that would kill only the fast-dividing cells, it would cure cancer.  Hmmm.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 09:05:58 PM »

Spent some years around some 'healers'.
West Indian (Caribbean) folk medicine says that soursop (leaves only, please ;D) under pillow helps you sleep.

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 11:55:44 PM »
Oooh, maybe I will try that...

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 02:03:12 AM »

We need a scientific-base evidence to conduct this whether it does cure or not.

We use the leaves for tea(guanabana in the Philippines).

The power of BigPharma are suppressing all the natural cures/ treatments in exchange of using their synthetics.
There are many holistic doctors out there had found a cure for cancer, hiv & etc.

All the holistic doctors are being-killed by the Oligarchs. Greed is playing a large role.

One of them was Dr. Sebi.
I think you underestimate the power behind "big herbal" for lack of a better word.
Where there is money there is corruption and lies, there is a lot of money in so called natural cures
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 12:47:45 AM »
Off topic.

I heard D.E. is good for plants & humans. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk