Author Topic: Beware of Scammers!  (Read 11418 times)

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Beware of Scammers!
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:36:51 PM »
beware of scammers on the Forum!

about 95% (or more) of the sellers here are great people...but there is a small percentage of peckers out there.

these demons usually have the following characteristics...so are easy to spot....

1) new member

2) who has not participated in the discussion

3) who offers something for sale or trade on their first post.

4) offers something that sounds too good to be true....(like free stuff)

I think overall, the forum is a very strong community...with plenty of eyes and ears....and the tropical fruit world is a very small world!!  So together we can be aware, and learn to spot these rats!

my advice is to keep an eye out!  but be respectful and don't jump to conclusions!  and make sure to do a little research about a member before sending a payment!

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Beware of Scammers!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »
Perhaps there should be some requirements to post in the trade/for sale section. Like having +50 posts and being a member at least +3 months.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »
Perhaps there should be some requirements to post in the trade/for sale section. Like having +50 posts and being a member at least +3 months.

at least introduce yourself...and participate in the discussion (a little!)

but this would be more work for the admins to police..if they need help, I can pitch in..I'm always on here any how....way too much!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »
If new member brags in every second post how much money he is making on seed sales, and it does not rise red flags for you, than receiving person deserves to be scammed. I have no respect for such buyer.

Edit:  forgot another guy from Ecuador. Immediately upon joining the  forum, offers two of the rarest fruits you could possibly find. Despite requests for pictures and explanation, no response. I wouldn't even bother...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:20:10 PM by DurianLover »

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 09:45:34 PM »
Yes there are a lot of scammers out there and I certainly have been sucker for their scams.  Glad I found this site of fruit nuts so I get scam a little lesser; safety in numbers!  Lets keep an eyes out for each other & make this site the top gun for the integrity it has earned of sharing living collective knowledges.  Sure we some time irritate each other but its more or  less to keep the discovery & fascination of tropical fruit honest for generation to come. 

DurianLover please keep an eye out for Any Willughbeia seeds for me in your travel in Asia.
Adam I will be able to send you some Whitman fiberless scions next week; those tissue culture pineapple from you are doing very well--pee on them every other day, they like free range urea! Nullzero thank you for spreading my annona squamosa varieties in California; Thera Thank you.  Thank everyone for selling & swap true seeds with me minus the scammers of course.  ;D

The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

micah

• Waipio Valley, Hawaii, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 01:50:38 AM »
Love to all.
This forum is ultimate. U shit bag scammers beware..

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
    • exoticke-pestovani.webnode.cz
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 03:00:26 AM »
Yes and these scammer make a good hideout being so called old member, at least 700 posts load of crappy. Just 1 full stop is consider 1 post, telling joke is another post. wannabes and crappy lots,

Maybe would really need moderators to access these suspicious user which had hide here for quite sometimes.
Being new is the point of entry to a old member.

So these self-proclaimed ''old'' member maybe do not experience child-birth in order to grown up so it is self-explanatory. And some consensus from these people already  shows a good group of unhealthy and untruthful inner clique that stereotyped the same notion of any event be it right or wrong... most of the time is close your eyes and tell a lie. : )
I had really a bad experience with a scammer on Ebay and he talked a lot, so that was an exception :-) His name was Dorgon and he was from Singapore. Not sure if just coincidence...... But I lost about 200 dollars to this guy. So be cautious. :-)
Durian & avocado lover

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 03:04:34 AM »
Yes and these scammer make a good hideout being so called old member, at least 700 posts load of crappy. Just 1 full stop is consider 1 post, telling joke is another post. wannabes and crappy lots,

Maybe would really need moderators to access these suspicious user which had hide here for quite sometimes.
Being new is the point of entry to a old member.

So these self-proclaimed ''old'' member maybe do not experience child-birth in order to grown up so it is self-explanatory. And some consensus from these people already  shows a good group of unhealthy and untruthful inner clique that stereotyped the same notion of any event be it right or wrong... most of the time is close your eyes and tell a lie. : )
I had really a bad experience with a scammer on Ebay and he talked a lot, so that was an exception :-) His name was Dorgon and he was from Singapore. Not sure if just coincidence...... But I lost about 200 dollars to this guy. So be cautious. :-)

;D For sure not a coincidence
something of his fresh entertainment show:
http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=11470.0
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 03:08:22 AM by Radoslav »

7_Heads

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 01:09:10 PM »
At least DORGON knows which scammer you meant. I only lost $100. I had to buy after so many inquiries about DORGON. Lucky he is off eBay, burned many of my good clients before eBay had him removed. So you and I know now.

greenman62

• CharlesitaveNB
    • [url=https://vgruk.com/]vgr uk[/url]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 01:33:47 PM »
watch facebook also.
i was in a seed traders forum. thinking i could check out a member by their facebook profile
didnt work too well

I had several trades that worked fine.
then 3 different people (all from India BTW) contacted me for trades.
None of the 3 ever sent me seeds.
about $6  postage for each + the seeds i lost

gabodymod

• Zone 10 FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »
I have always given free plants and seeds. Some times they pick them at my place and others I mail.
When I mail seeds I charge only what I pay for postage. I get paid  AFTER they get their seeds (so they know how
much I paid). Forum members are very honest, I have always been paid. Remember free is not always free.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 01:52:07 PM »
This all proves that there is a good market for seeds from Borneo. We have some Indonesian members here who like to offer seeds from Borneo/Kalimantan and i hope they will find the same seeds soon.

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »
Unfortunately, it does look like ebay reinstated that thief.  At least it looks like sanity has finally prevailed here and a darkness seems to have left the forum.  As locals would say here, things are "pono" or at least much closer to it.  He also tried to rob me just over a year ago, on the same A tamaran seeds he was peddling here.  Fortunately, I got my money back from ebay or half (don't recall which).

John

At least DORGON knows which scammer you meant. I only lost $100. I had to buy after so many inquiries about DORGON. Lucky he is off eBay, burned many of my good clients before eBay had him removed. So you and I know now.

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
Willughbeia angustifolia is a vine as described in every piece of literature, and as it was seen by me and another former active forum member "red durian". Yet Dorgon insist its actually a tree. I have mixed emotion about his insistence. Are my sad, angry, or is it laughable I don't know...

Also I find it amusing some forum members try to talk reason and common sense to him.  Asking to replace seeds that did not come up true is really ridiculous. Completely missed point of deleted thread.

I still remember 60 Minutes piece I saw few years ago. Let me find those videos.  60 Minutes had a piece about scammers opening stem cell research clinics in Mexico, claiming to cure incurable disease ALS among others. You need to pay $120 000 fee upfront in cash for treatment (yep, that was expected). Insistence of the scammer after 60 Minutes confronted him is really unbelievable. No amount of reasoning talk is going to change them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZMlvmbKp-o

watch from 3:00 here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pgnFC5X9OQ

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »
I see Dorgon has been shown the door, and is gone.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

Qoppa

• Wake Forest, NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »

Good riddance!  Now, let's see what's going on with the Mango Girl...

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »

Good riddance!  Now, let's see what's going on with the Mango Girl...

Mango girl turned out to be a good girl....just a bit in over her head...trying to be a generous person!

she got back in touch with me, and we got it all worked out...I'm glad she's safe and sound....and honest!

it didn't make sense that she would run a scam that was so detailed, yet so careless.....
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

micah

• Waipio Valley, Hawaii, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »
watch facebook also.
i was in a seed traders forum. thinking i could check out a member by their facebook profile
didnt work too well

I had several trades that worked fine.
then 3 different people (all from India BTW) contacted me for trades.
None of the 3 ever sent me seeds.
about $6  postage for each + the seeds i lost
Greenman please name fellows from India, cause I have experience like this too on facebook.  These few thieves are making a very bad name for the honest fellows in India.  So stupid to rip off plant people, they will most always have more new types of seeds in the upcoming years.   
All of a sudden new names come on facebook but the speaking is simular....usually they will keep chatting and chiming in every time I'm on facebook promising they will send,  until seeds are sent to them, then..no more best friendness. All of a sudden they don't know u no more...then wait for the next new best friend to chime in. Surprise surprise I'm that same dicklick in disguise.
Many, many, many of my rare seed are making $$ for the scammers of India,,,i stay positive knowing eventually those plants will be fed to many mouths in future and this is what the plants want to be done is spread and grow.....and that the scum sucking maggot son of motherless goat shit on stick person who steals might choke on their first fruit...

With this forum those lying cheaters will be exposed...I find that if complaints go out all of a sudden order is shipping..hmmmm.
Somtimes I hope that " it's in mail" is a truth.  So I do not put facebook names for now. 

rac78

• Austalia Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 10:05:40 PM »
Iv dealt with carcarlo, ASaffron, Fruitlovers, MikeT, Luc, BMc, kimi, Bangkok, vasundra, Colombo973, dreamfrutas, Fruittylife& Roy-Ind All these people came through with flying colours, I appreciate all the help and wisdom that these people have contributed to my most prized collection of rare and wonderful plants, You guys rock
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:05:15 PM by rac78 »
Russell

starling1

• Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 11:03:51 PM »

Good in theory, but this may discourage new members from selling on the forum, which obviously limits the range of species being sold.

Sumatraexotics

• Indonesia, Sumatra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 01:41:02 AM »
In kalimantan, gitak or jetak will be available soon. I only know 2, jetak madu and jetak susu.I ll post photo later. I hope it s willughbeia
Email: tks4ady@gmail.com
FB: sumatraexotics@gmail.com
LINE:

Be careful use facebook, they deleted my previous accout sumatraexotics@yahoo.com, because I refuse to give them pic of my government ID card.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 02:31:33 AM »
Willughbeia angustifolia is a vine as described in every piece of literature, and as it was seen by me and another former active forum member "red durian". Yet Dorgon insist its actually a tree. I have mixed emotion about his insistence. Are my sad, angry, or is it laughable I don't know...

Also I find it amusing some forum members try to talk reason and common sense to him.  Asking to replace seeds that did not come up true is really ridiculous. Completely missed point of deleted thread.

I still remember 60 Minutes piece I saw few years ago. Let me find those videos.  60 Minutes had a piece about scammers opening stem cell research clinics in Mexico, claiming to cure incurable disease ALS among others. You need to pay $120 000 fee upfront in cash for treatment (yep, that was expected). Insistence of the scammer after 60 Minutes confronted him is really unbelievable. No amount of reasoning talk is going to change them.
Yes Willughbeia angustifolia is a vine. I've seen it growing here.
Oscar

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 02:55:04 AM »
In kalimantan, gitak or jetak will be available soon. I only know 2, jetak madu and jetak susu.I ll post photo later. I hope it s willughbeia

I read that Gitak Madu (honey Gitak) is the local name for Willughbeia augustifolia in Kalimantan.

local names:
 Kalimantan: Gitak Madu, Pitabu;
 Sabah: Serapit, Kabal Madu

If you will have seeds let me know I want to buy some.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:06:42 AM by Radoslav »

Sumatraexotics

• Indonesia, Sumatra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:20 AM »
Ok, I ll post photo first, if I get gitak madu.

How about gitak susu? (Susu=milk). Is it anyone want seed?

How to store this seeds? Can let it dry and store in refrigerator?  If cannot, I only deal 100 seeds, so I can only get fruit,clean, put in paper tissue and ship, no need to store it
Email: tks4ady@gmail.com
FB: sumatraexotics@gmail.com
LINE:

Be careful use facebook, they deleted my previous accout sumatraexotics@yahoo.com, because I refuse to give them pic of my government ID card.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 03:34:21 AM »
I would like to buy both, Gitak Madu and Gitak Susu, I read that willughbeia seeds are a bit perishable, so best way, I think is to clean them, and send them to customer as soon as possible in plastic bag to avoid to totaly dry them out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk