Author Topic: Suggestion for sellers  (Read 10382 times)

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
Suggestion for sellers
« on: July 13, 2014, 11:37:21 AM »
There seems to be a trend now for people trying to sell things to post a brief (sometimes vague) description about what they have (or what they might be able to get) and then they will tell you to contact them if interested.  I think it would be a LOT less work for both the seller & buyers if they would give you some idea of the pricing for the item upfront.  I have seen pricing for tropical fruit tree seeds range from very reasonable to obscene and pricing is not necessarily any guide to how reputable / reliable the seller is.  So, if you tell us upfront how much the seed is, if there are special minimum quantity or minimum dollar value amounts per order, and any other pertinent info, it will make things go much smoother and be less work for you at the end of the day. 

Of course, giving more detail in the description (as suggested in many postings), will also result in less work for the seller and possibly more sales as well.

Whenever I see these "priceless" postings, I always wonder if we are all paying the same price for the same goods ....

John

bangkok

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion for sellers
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 11:49:39 AM »
There seems to be a trend now for people trying to sell things to post a brief (sometimes vague) description about what they have (or what they might be able to get) and then they will tell you to contact them if interested.  I think it would be a LOT less work for both the seller & buyers if they would give you some idea of the pricing for the item upfront.  I have seen pricing for tropical fruit tree seeds range from very reasonable to obscene and pricing is not necessarily any guide to how reputable / reliable the seller is.  So, if you tell us upfront how much the seed is, if there are special minimum quantity or minimum dollar value amounts per order, and any other pertinent info, it will make things go much smoother and be less work for you at the end of the day. 

Of course, giving more detail in the description (as suggested in many postings), will also result in less work for the seller and possibly more sales as well.

You are right!

We need a list of reliable ebay-sellers from Asia.

Buying from ebay is very easy with paypal. Customer has insurance and can read/give feedback. Perfect system.
Whenever I see these "priceless" postings, I always wonder if we are all paying the same price for the same goods ....

John

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 12:32:31 PM »
I totally agree with you, John.
Moh'd

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 12:38:18 PM »
Its almost like a mental disease in all South and SE Asian countries. After couple words of advertising they expect people come running forward and throwing money at you. In Sri Lanka my friend had tourism business that was barely alive. I changed entire text, emphasized strong points, uploaded much better pictures and now sales are booming. He can't thank me enough. Yet people mysteriously can't figure this out on their own.

Ethan

• Central California Z9/9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »
DL, maybe you should charge people there $800 for classes on using ebay, I've heard it is a booming business. ::) :)

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »
DL, maybe you should charge people there $800 for classes on using ebay, I've heard it is a booming business. ::) :)

hahaha well it is true! I 've seen huge hotels/resorts in Asia who are empty for many years because they don't know how to advertise or pay somebody to do it for them.

Internet is very powerfull and since my Paypal works again i love to shop on ebay. Ebay charges 15% including paypal but it makes life soooo much easyier. I really don't understand why sellers think it is expensive to use ebay. They can sell so much more by using it.

Also the Asians have to learn English if they want to make money from international customers. I also had to learn it myself so i have the right to mention that.

HIfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »
Yeah, but I'm not sure that DL could handle teaching the course.  Anyone can sell on ebay, the trick is how to lie, cheat, spin, & scam and still be able to keep the ability to sell there...  That takes a special talent (which some have obviously mastered).

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 03:54:50 PM »

That's just for 9 hours. Last time heard in takes many years to master ebay from tip to toe. Can you see me teaching multiyear course and retiring with gazillion dollars? ::) :)

Maryoto

• WhatsApp +62 812 3688 1182
    • Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »

John
Thanks for the suggestions John,hope to do better in the future.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 04:22:21 PM »
Hello Mohd,

I sent you pometia pinnata yesterday,because i owe you when you received bad seeds that i sent few months ago.

HIfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »

Maryoto:
I can't recall your first few posts offhand but your last posts look to be pretty good and, if you are lacking any info, you are good about posting more in a timely fashion.  With some posters, we can ask repeatedly and never really get a response to our questions.  I do understand that there are language difficulties for some posters which might explain some confusion.

John

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »

Maryoto:
I can't recall your first few posts offhand but your last posts look to be pretty good and, if you are lacking any info, you are good about posting more in a timely fashion.  With some posters, we can ask repeatedly and never really get a response to our questions.  I do understand that there are language difficulties for some posters which might explain some confusion.

John
Hi John,

I was shortage of information in some kind of fruits.
But if anyone asks, I will try my best to find the information that they asked.
I know that good posters is important.
But your advice is very valuable, I will try to be better in the future.
And thank you for reminding me.

mwambao

• Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 09:49:34 PM »
John thats a very good idea to put as much infomation as possible including the price.
In a way its better for the sellers.Hope they will follow your advise.
mourad

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 10:15:04 PM »
Its almost like a mental disease in all South and SE Asian countries. After couple words of advertising they expect people come running forward and throwing money at you. In Sri Lanka my friend had tourism business that was barely alive. I changed entire text, emphasized strong points, uploaded much better pictures and now sales are booming. He can't thank me enough. Yet people mysteriously can't figure this out on their own.
Drogon is having a special offer this week, 1/2 price eBay marketing class. For no extra cost he can also teach how to get kicked out of eBay.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:18:50 PM by fruitlovers »
Oscar

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 10:31:25 PM »
Drogon is having a special offer this week, 1/2 price eBay marketing class. For no extra cost he can also teach how to get kicked out of eBay.  ;)

Oscar I see you have not been a victim and been Dorgonized like me, the scammer on Ebay is spell Dorgon!
;)
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 10:57:42 PM »

Oscar I see you have not been a victim and been Dorgonized like me, the scammer on Ebay is spell Dorgon!
;)
Dorgonne it? I misspelled it again!  ;)
Oscar

micah

• Waipio Valley, Hawaii, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 12:15:18 AM »
Lol!!!!!
Dorgonit!!! Haha

MassSpectrum

• Tampa, FL, USA Zone 9B/10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 03:10:21 PM »
I've only been on here a couple months maybe and these posts have been driving me nuts. Most of them I responded to, well I think maybe two actually netted me actual prices after the whole song and dance. The other pm inquiries became like a double dose of wasted time.

If you've got something to sell put the price(s). If you'd be willing to trade what would interest you?

Without this info up front the odds you'll end up getting any of my money are already almost 0 now.

If you're trying to price gouge fine, if thats your thing then put up the over-inflated price so we dont have to waste our time just trying to get that far. Time is more valuable than money so quit stealing ours.

7_Heads

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »
Hello Mohd,

I sent you pometia pinnata yesterday,because i owe you when you received bad seeds that i sent few months ago.

Aloha, You sent me the same bad pometia pinnata seed. I bought on eBay from you. Just looking at the tag today, not a single sprout. Maybe try it again? Bisa lagi? Kembali, 7_Heads

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 05:03:31 PM »
Hello Mohd,

Aloha, You sent me the same bad pometia pinnata seed. I bought on eBay from you. Just looking at the tag today, not a single sprout. Maybe try it again? Bisa lagi? Kembali, 7_Heads
Hello my friend,

I never selling seeds on ebay,it's not works for me.
If my buyer got bad seeds from me,i will always replace their seeds as long as i still have the stock of the seeds,if don't have the seeds anymore then i'll replace it with another fruit seeds.
If they got rotten seeds they only need to contact me.
I have been 8 months in the forum but i still need time to learn how to protect the seeds in plastic bag,now i use mix of cocoa fiber and perlite powder.

But i don't remember if i ever selling seeds to you on ebay.
if you got bad seeds from me of course i will replace it,but i swear i never sell seeds on ebay.

i always kept and never erase my buyers message on forum and email,but i can't find your name.
or maybe i forgot??
Can you tell me what's your address,my friend??
Can you tell me what's the seller name on ebay??
Don't worry,i'll replace your seeds if you got pometia seeds from me.

Regards,

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 05:52:36 PM »
Maryoto you have been part of our little community for a while now and provide good information when you can.I have only heard only good things about you.This could be mistaken identity.
Pometia is one of the hardest seeds to send away.They must be fresh,have the right packing,the correct moisture and breathing holes in the bag to make sure they don't dry or rot.I have  got it wrong before more than once.
It makes me glad I never buy or sell but this is not for philosophical reasons but more to do with no paypal account,a dash of stupidity and a bit of laziness.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 06:41:43 PM »
Maryoto you have been part of our little community for a while now and provide good information when you can.I have only heard only good things about you.This could be mistaken identity.
Pometia is one of the hardest seeds to send away.They must be fresh,have the right packing,the correct moisture and breathing holes in the bag to make sure they don't dry or rot.I have  got it wrong before more than once.
It makes me glad I never buy or sell but this is not for philosophical reasons but more to do with no paypal account,a dash of stupidity and a bit of laziness.
Thank you Mike,

I'm never selling on ebay.
Or maybe 7_Heads bought from me on forum,i don't remember.
But if 7_Heads got seeds from me on forum,then i am forgot...and i will be happy to replace the seeds.

mwambao

• Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 02:57:45 AM »
Maryoto,If you dont sell on ebay it could be a mistaken identity. Looking  forward to buy seeds from you again.
mourad

vipinrl

• India, Western Ghats, Kerala
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 04:53:56 AM »
I have good experience with Maryoto though I traded only once with him.
The Rambutan rapiah seeds he sent were dried out. When I acknowledged him about the receipt non-viable seeds, he resent some fresh seeds.
The second batch of seeds had very good germination rate.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 05:36:41 AM »
Maryoto,If you dont sell on ebay it could be a mistaken identity. Looking  forward to buy seeds from you again.
mourad
Yes maybe,Mourad..i don't sell seeds on ebay.