Author Topic: Giant Yellow Dragonfruit seedlings  (Read 1856 times)

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Giant Yellow Dragonfruit seedlings
« on: September 03, 2015, 02:48:57 AM »
Hello everyone, I was looking for cuttings of the giant Yellow Dragonfruit(S/H Megalantus) for the longest time and I couldn't find any so I acquired some seeds from Leo and others and planted them out. See http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=5193.0.

The seedlings sprouted many months ago but they grow at a snails pace so they are only about an inch or two long. I have two extra seedlings up for grabs( free) for local pick up in San Diego only. For those of you in Florida, I am growing out my seedlings to a larger size and I will ship some free cuttings to Floridians once the plants are large enough. Please pm me for those of you interested in local pick up.

Simon

simon_grow

• View Profile
Re: Giant Yellow Dragonfruit seedlings
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »
The seedlings are all gone.

Simon

Hobo62288

• USA, Zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 06:43:35 PM »
What about those of us not in Cali or Florida?  Are you only going to sell cuttings to certain people you know or something?  I've been watching the thread about the giant yellow dragon Fruit for awhile so just wanted to check.  Thanks

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 06:44:24 PM »
Hello Hobo,

I'm not selling the seedlings or cuttings, I'm giving them away. I'm usually pretty busy so I don't have time to ship stuff and Florida and SoCal members showed the most interest. I plan on shipping to only one member in Florida if possible and having he/she distribute more cuttings around the state as their plant becomes larger. I may be able to ship a cutting to you if you agree to ship out cuttings to members in other states as your plant becomes larger. The seedlings are still very very small but once they get a little more size, they will increase their mass exponentially. Cheers,

Simon

Hobo62288

• USA, Zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »
Oh, that would be awesome.  I'd be glad to do that.  Would give me the opportunity to finally help some of you guys out that's helped me with info, plants and everything else.  I'm growing some DF at the moment and am looking at buying more.  I have the space to do this if you decide you want to.  I have plenty of area around the house, greenhouse and in my grow room indoors.  So just let me know and I'd be glad to help out.  Thanks for all the work you've done so far to get to this point. 

simon_grow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »
Hello Hobo, I'll keep you in mind when the seedlings are large enough to take cuttings. Cheers,

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk