Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Spicezee

(1/26) > >>

JF:
One of the best fruit in the world......
I decided to axe all my undesirable guavas and planted the best hybrid in the last 20 years.

BMc:
Its pretty incredible. I put one in two years back. Fruited well first year and nothing held this year. Conflicting reports on its chill requirements have led me to give it a go. If I don't see decent fruit next year I'm gonna have to dig it up. Its vigorous here, but is not attacked by the same pests as peaches and nectarines, so its almost perfect if the whole fruiting thing works out...

I hope yours bears in abundance!

nullzero:
I always loved the plouts and other hybrids, it must be pretty good from what you say :).

JF:

--- Quote from: BMc on January 15, 2015, 07:07:16 PM ---Its pretty incredible. I put one in two years back. Fruited well first year and nothing held this year. Conflicting reports on its chill requirements have led me to give it a go. If I don't see decent fruit next year I'm gonna have to dig it up. Its vigorous here, but is not attacked by the same pests as peaches and nectarines, so its almost perfect if the whole fruiting thing works out...

I hope yours bears in abundance!

--- End quote ---

thx Bruce
the reports from here is that they fruit in abundance but with the climate changing every year I wouldn't be surprise if it's short lived.

Nullzy
this is a nectaplum hybrid check out some of the reviews.

tanguy:

--- Quote from: JF on January 15, 2015, 07:01:54 PM ---One of the best fruit in the world......
I decided to axe all my undesirable guavas and planted the best hybrid in the last 20 years.

--- End quote ---

How were the fruits of your tree, Frank?
 I purchased 4 trees of this nectaplum more than 2 years ago (in 5-gallon pots). The first year when they were still in pots, I got about 4 fruits each pots but they were not very good. So, I sold 2 pots. The second year (last year) I put 1 tree in the ground and the fruits from that tree were still not very good, almost the same as the first year's fruits. Fruits from my other little trees such as Snow Queen nectarine, Artic Star nectarine and Double Delight nectarine were much better. I hope my nectaplum fruits will be better in the next couple years (when the trees get bigger).
Tam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version