Author Topic: Forest House Cameroon  (Read 2205 times)

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Forest House Cameroon
« on: July 06, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »
Just wanted to put in a good word for Forest House Cameroon.
I just received my second batch of seeds from them.  Both packages arrived in good shape and in a timely manner. The entire process is very fast and easy.
I pay via Paypal and e-mail them a copy of my USDA permit, a seed list (the one the USDA wants, where you list the genus and species, who collected it and where…) AND a scanned copy of the shipping label.  They do charge $1 to print the label in color, but it is well worth the price.  They slap the label on the front of the package, fill out the seed list and drop it in the mail.
The seeds are usually gathered from the wild, so I love the challenge of trying to grow things that are not really known in cultivation.  The first batch of seeds are seedlings now, and the second batch is sprouting. 
Once "the nursery" is cleared out, I will be ordering more!

Carolyn

AlexRF

• Subarctic Member
  • Alex
    • Russia, Saint-Petersburg, warmhouse
    • View Profile
Re: Forest House Cameroon
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:48:08 AM »
YES WE SCAN NEW TROPICAL FRUITS

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 01:59:11 PM »
Just a caution to members, the link listed is not their current list.  Contact them & they will let you know what is in stock & pricing.  Sometimes, even what they list as current stock will not end up shipping to you if they find that they do not like the looks of it when they are preparing your order (I consider this a plus, better not to ship than to ship bad seeds).  Wirsiy is good to work with and they list a lot of things you cannot find elsewhere.  Unfortunately, much of the stuff is so obscure you cannot find much useful info on it so some of the species are for "gamblers" only.

John

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 08:42:49 PM »
Yeah, I have had a really hard time figuring out what some of these things need.  I have to divide them up and try different things.

And as for not being able to ship, here is a GREAT story - I ordered some conophor seeds, but before they could be shipped, the collector's daughter found them, cooked them, and took them to the market!  They had to collect more (which were shipped promptly)!

Carolyn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk