Author Topic: Avocado Pie with Date Nut Crust (from a friend of a friend of a friend...)  (Read 6793 times)

Tim

• Global Moderator
    • USA, Escondido, CA 92027, zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:43:39 PM by Tim »
Tim

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
Hi Tim,
I will try this recipe this year when the fruits start to ripen  ;)

Thanks for sharing :)
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Sounds excellent. I'll have to try it, or bribe someone (wife) to make it for me!  ;)
Oscar

Tim

• Global Moderator
    • USA, Escondido, CA 92027, zone 9b
    • View Profile
Hope you guys enjoy it.
It's so freakin' good ... though the last time I made it with "light" cream cheese for my wife didn't taste as nice. 
Tim

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Tim,

It looks very tasty, would love to try to make it sometime.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

lkailburn

• USA, Fort Collins, Co, Zone 4b/5a
    • View Profile
Wow yum! sounds very tasty

-Luke

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Hope you guys enjoy it.
It's so freakin' good ... though the last time I made it with "light" cream cheese for my wife didn't taste as nice.
When baking/making desserts, unless the recipe specifically for low fat or a sugar substitute, you should always use full fat and full/true sugar.  Many times it is imperative to do so and will make the difference between success and failure of the recipe.
- Rob

lkailburn

• USA, Fort Collins, Co, Zone 4b/5a
    • View Profile
Ashley and I made this recipe this week and what a treat  8) . In my mind I just could not imagine what an avocado pie would taste like, and with the cream cheese and the lime it's delish! Very heavy, just a little slice is plenty  ;) haha. About half way though eating the pie I decided to try it out with some hand made whipped cream on top and boy was that good too! Highly recommend you guys try that as well. Whipped cream was just heavy cream, confectioners sugar and a bit of vanilla in a stand mixer.

Uhh.. I planned on taking a photo but by the time I got the camera, the pie was eaten  ;D

-Luke

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
Ashley and I made this recipe this week and what a treat  8) . In my mind I just could not imagine what an avocado pie would taste like, and with the cream cheese and the lime it's delish! Very heavy, just a little slice is plenty  ;) haha. About half way though eating the pie I decided to try it out with some hand made whipped cream on top and boy was that good too! Highly recommend you guys try that as well. Whipped cream was just heavy cream, confectioners sugar and a bit of vanilla in a stand mixer.

Uhh.. I planned on taking a photo but by the time I got the camera, the pie was eaten  ;D

-Luke

LMAO ;D ;D ;D
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.

forumfool

• Canton, GA 7b
    • View Profile
Thanks for this recipe...

I made it and its good! Tastes like it's part cheescake/part avocado milkshake/part cream pie

Some pics (not the greatest but oh well)

[/url]

bsbullie

• View Profile
Think you need to invest in a pie ;) ;D plate.
- Rob

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Hope you guys enjoy it.
When baking/making desserts, unless the recipe specifically for low fat or a sugar substitute, you should always use full fat and full/true sugar.  Many times it is imperative to do so and will make the difference between success and failure of the recipe.

right on bsbullie...I noticed the recipe doesnt have any sugar??  I would have to add some I think. Sugar, honey, agave, yacon syrup,or something!
I wanna try this pie out though!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
Adam,
The sweetness will come from the condensed milk :)

I'm going to try this badboy soon 8)

ForumFool,
Your pie looks so luscious and yummy 8) Thanks for sharing!
Time is like a river.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
haha!

I guess I'm not the best reader!!  I missed that!  thanks!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

bsbullie

• View Profile
I have made this a number of times, substituting a "cookie crust" made with the cookie of your choice (just use your smarts to match a good cookie that would compliment avocado).  Garnish with a squeeze of lime juice, candied lime, lime zest, whipped cream or a combo of any or all.  I use red limes and the fruitiness of the red lime is an amazing compliment.  Also, make sure you use a very full flavored and high oil content avocado.
- Rob