Author Topic: Coc Mango tree must go / Yours for free  (Read 3307 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Coc Mango tree must go / Yours for free
« on: December 10, 2016, 05:58:50 PM »
Coc Mango tree must go

HOA wants it removed and they might remove/kill it this week. Yours for free but will take some digging. I am busy digging out another tree so probably will not be able to help you dig. But will help getting it into your truck It is 8ft tall and trunk is four inch wide. In excellent health and has born fruit last two years. You will need a pickup truck or van to transport. I have some boards to make a ramp. Bring another digger will be ideal. You should probably take it out semi-bare rooted where some dirt is washed away w the garden hose. This is not a great time of year to move a tree but this tree is strong so should do OK.

I will take photos tomorrow and post them........If you make super firm commitment I might be able to delay the HOA removal until next weekend. I will list this Monday on Craigs list if no firm interest here.

I am in Tamarac zip 33321

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
Re: Coc Mango tree must go / Yours for free
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 06:21:30 PM »
I'm interested. I'll send you a PM

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 11:08:34 AM »
This Coc tree was dug up in record time by Alex and Mr Sturrock. Taken to its new home at Tropical Acres in West Palm Beach. I hate to see a good mango tree (especially a Coc) be cut down so I am glad it has a new life ahead, 40 miles north of me.

TnTrobbie

• runs with pruners
  • ZonePusher has a spot for that.
    • 10b + 9b FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 11:44:06 AM »
Dang. It was a beautiful tree too  :'(
The Earth laughs in flowers. And bear gifts through fruits.
No where to plant it ...but at least I got it. ;)
F*ck squirrels and deers

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »
Dang. It was a beautiful tree too  :'(
It is an intelligent tree too. Clever enough to elude the HOA's wrathful deities, to live onward and grow upward, up north in Alex's Tropical Acres.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 12:41:57 PM by zands »

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 01:21:45 PM »
Bummer. I hope it survives. We're kind of on the outer edge of transplant timing. HOAs can be a pain in the neck. Fortunately ours has been supportive of my jungle here. With 80+ fruit trees on close to 2/3 acre of land, most other HOAs would have puped their panse with our situation here :-).
Jeff  :-)

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 05:02:55 PM »
Bummer. I hope it survives. We're kind of on the outer edge of transplant timing. HOAs can be a pain in the neck. Fortunately ours has been supportive of my jungle here. With 80+ fruit trees on close to 2/3 acre of land, most other HOAs would have puped their panse with our situation here :-).

It took them 20 minutes to dig out. Alex said it will be put in a 100 gallon pot for a while to heal from the dig out shock. 50 gallons seems large enough to me.
Their strategy is to baby it along with what I must assume is an optimal soil mix that will help it bounce back during 2017. Alex said he expects to get fruit from it in the 2018 mango season.
It will be planted in ground when it is ready.

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 05:21:11 PM »
We're kind of on the outer edge of transplant timing.

Fortunately for this tree we're not really having a winter right now.  highs in the 80s and rain.

Thanks to zands for the tree. Needed another Cac, only had 4 and one is in Loxahatcheeland.  :D always happy to adopt good mangos.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 05:29:28 PM by Squam256 »

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 05:47:01 PM »
Yah, I think there is a possibility that it makes it. Trying to transplant a mango when it's dormant, even when it's watered and protected from cold, can result in a dead mango tree. It's weird, because during the growing season, they are quite easy to transplant and will resist even the most egregious of abuse -- completely the opposite of how they react during dormancy. But we're still a little inside of the growing period for mangoes. Most trees are finishing up some root growth and hardening off final flushes. Let us know how she turns out.

We're kind of on the outer edge of transplant timing.

Fortunately for this tree we're not really having a winter right now.  highs in the 80s and rain.

Thanks to zands for the tree. Needed another Cac, only had 4 and one is in Loxahatcheeland.  :D always happy to adopt good mangos.
Jeff  :-)

FruitFreak

• USA, FL, Naples, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 08:23:42 PM »
If Alex wasn't so swift I would have made the trip over for that tree :). Major score!  Kudos to Zands and damn HOAs!
- Marley

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 11:18:36 PM »
so glad i dont live in hoa community. my neighbor told me my front yard looks like i put lots of money in due to the many plants i have in pots. however, it still looks somewhat ghetto.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk