Author Topic: steinenerma  (Read 1283 times)

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
steinenerma
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:48:59 PM »
Anyone try this nematode for Sri Lankan white weevil?

MarvelMango

• Bokeelia 10a
    • View Profile
Re: steinenerma
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 08:05:00 PM »
My yard was infested with Sri Lankan Weevil a few years ago. I would pick off dozens every time I went outside.
I bought nematodes and thought I messed up the application, and didn't think much about it untill your post. It just took time but the weevil were 95% gone. I see 2 or 3 now and again while out in the yard. But for the most part they are gone.
Quentin

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:23:46 PM »
Did you treat the whole yard or individual trees? Any info would be appreciated including where you bought the product.
I read on Amazon it is delivered on dry ice and needs to be refrigerated then I read that others companies offer a room temperature product?
The only reviews I read are people treating their yards for fleas related to dogs and it seems to work. Also I wonder did you apply one time
several years ago and it is still working?
Thanks for the info
Mike

MarvelMango

• Bokeelia 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 08:45:34 PM »
I don't see the exact item I bought but it was from scanmask and I bought it on amazon.
I spread it around as much as I could.
They are live so it's possible they are still working or that the bugs just have not come back.
Also the package I bought was a multi pack. It had 3 types in 1 package.

https://www.amazon.com/Pyes-Scanmask-Million-Beneficial-Nematodes/dp/B00B7RG4C8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490747947&sr=8-1&keywords=nematodes&refinements=p_89%3AScanmask
Quentin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk