Author Topic: My greenhouse website  (Read 3417 times)

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
My greenhouse website
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:59:51 PM »
I am putting up a little website for my greenhouse.  I don't have all the pictures up yet, but I do have almost all of my plants listed.

Check it out at daintree-arboretum.com

Thanks!

Carolyn

FrankDrebinOfFruits

• Kauai, HI 12A
    • View Profile
Re: My greenhouse website
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 07:22:40 PM »
That is really cool. I would be hanging out there all the time.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 08:46:12 PM »
Really nice site, and even better greenhouse. That fruit fever bug really can change things.

Daintree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 09:15:20 PM »
Yeah, I actually DO hang out in there all the time.  Problem is, the second I sit down to "relax", I have the overwhelming urge to repot something. And I am pretty sure that the fruit fever bug is incurable (I hope).

Carolyn

sildanani

• U.S.A OH, 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 12:05:06 AM »
Wow! Beautiful plant collection! Love your avian resident page as well! I look toward to you updates!
Anisha

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 12:10:07 AM »
 8)

FruitFool

• san diego, ca, USDA zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 01:34:59 AM »
Very nice!

-FruitFool

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 03:11:37 AM »
The site is great! The plants look very healthy.

Besides, "Forest House Cameroon" (Isolona) is mentioned in "The Seed Hunting Project!" page. I've rarely heard from them for many months in this forum.

sjtropical

• Bay area CA with a greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 04:42:02 AM »
What a beautiful paradise you have there!!!

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 06:50:42 AM »
That is really cool :) Love the name. Cute little Bourke's too.

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 08:55:12 AM »
Very cool. We should trade notes being both in a cold clime.  It's really hard to meet up with folks that grow tropical fruit in greenhouses. 

Good luck!

Solko

• Zone 8b-9a
    • Europe
    • View Profile
    • Visual Art
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 09:12:27 AM »
What a beautiful place you have created!

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »
Very nice G.H. can't wait to see more, very cool you got the grandkids involved too! 8) ;)

Daintree

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 12:17:57 PM »
The site is great! The plants look very healthy.

Besides, "Forest House Cameroon" (Isolona) is mentioned in "The Seed Hunting Project!" page. I've rarely heard from them for many months in this forum.

They are having internet issues down there right now.  Plus, I think he is not near a computer most of the time. I do get emails from Wirsiy fairly frequently, and got seeds not too long ago.

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2017, 12:51:18 PM »
They are having internet issues down there right now.  Plus, I think he is not near a computer most of the time. I do get emails from Wirsiy fairly frequently, and got seeds not too long ago.

Great to hear that they are still around. May I send you a PM for asking how to contact and purchase seeds from Wirsiy?

Thanks Daintree!

Daintree

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 05:10:57 PM »
I sent you a PM, but for others who are interested, their email is foresthousecam@gmail.com.
Wirsiy is generally the person who works with the invoicing, collecting, etc.  Another email for him is wirsiyef@yahoo.com.

I have heard both good and bad about these folks and their business, but really, they are doing the absolute best that they possibly can, given the circumstances of slow mail, weird government problems, bad/intermittent internet connections, and trying to harvest, correctly identify, clean, store and ship the seeds of wild jungle trees. I know from experience how difficult it can be to correctly identify a plant that is known only by local names.

My hat is off to them.  They are trying to make a difference by providing local people a way to support themselves in a sustainable way that does not harm the environment.  I am all for anything that stops palm oil plantations!

Ok, I am off my soap box now...

Carolyn

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 08:19:13 PM »
I sent you a PM, but for others who are interested, their email is foresthousecam@gmail.com.
Wirsiy is generally the person who works with the invoicing, collecting, etc.  Another email for him is wirsiyef@yahoo.com.

I have heard both good and bad about these folks and their business, but really, they are doing the absolute best that they possibly can, given the circumstances of slow mail, weird government problems, bad/intermittent internet connections, and trying to harvest, correctly identify, clean, store and ship the seeds of wild jungle trees. I know from experience how difficult it can be to correctly identify a plant that is known only by local names.

My hat is off to them.  They are trying to make a difference by providing local people a way to support themselves in a sustainable way that does not harm the environment.  I am all for anything that stops palm oil plantations!

Ok, I am off my soap box now...

Carolyn

Excellent thanks Carolyn!
I haven't got your PM but contact email of Wirsiy is good enough.

From my experience, identifying a plant/fruit is a problem. Doing that with slow/interrupted internet and all other country-wide issues sounds like escaping no-exit matrices to me. Huge respect to them!

I think one of good ways to support them is to purchase their seeds. They were once widely known when their startup was announced. Hope they will always be able to continue their business and their rare tree/fruit species can be saved before being wiped out for oil palm plantations.

Sy Tan