Author Topic: Kratum WTB or trade  (Read 1750 times)

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
Kratum WTB or trade
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:27:56 AM »
Looking for Kratum cuttings can buy or trade for ilama seeds or Mex. Garcinia scions
El verde es vida!

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
Re: Kratum WTB or trade
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »
Looking to pickup Mex. Garcinia scions to trade to somebody else locally for something else..
Kratom is illegal where I'm at, but all the workers chew it and have cuttings, too bad could not send to you.  In Malaysia I believe it is not illegal, and quite common there, so that would be a good place to look.

However there is another plant locally sometimes referred to as Kratom Malay, not to be confused with Kratom 'from' Malaysia, which is very common!  The scientific name is Gynura_procumbens edit, Gymnanthemum amygdalinum
I steep 5 leaves with a handful of fresh mint, with poured over hot water, like any regular tea.  It is more bitter than Kratom, so I prefer not to chew it.  Kratom is pretty bitter to chew as well. 
If your after Kratom for any sort of perceived stimulant effect, just know that coffee is so much more powerful!

Kratom Malay is easily propagated by cutting, easier than basil, mint, or mulberry.  It can grow up to 30 feet tall, possibly taller, I trim mine back before it gets that tall.  To get that tall it will be like bamboo, it needs smaller trees around it to support it, so quite bushy if getting that tall.  Recently pulled up an entire 30 foot tree, it has a nice tubular root system, but not too deep of tap root.  Leaves are evergreen, never seen flowers.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:28:49 AM by sahai1 »

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:41:12 AM »
I wonder if that is what you have? Does it give you any psychoactive effects? Gynura procumbens aka "Longevity Spinach" is very common here in Florida but it is a vine like plant that the leaves are eaten as a vegetable. It isn't overly bitter if I remember correctly. I don't think it has any stimulant effects.

I have a funny little story about Kratum. It is legal in the entire state of Florida except my county. What the hell is that???? From what I understand pharmaceutical companies are trying to patent some of the alkaloids and it is thrown into the bullshit "war on drugs". The only death I know of in Florida was somewhat recent and it was from a junkie that overdosed on the packaged supplement form, and it is debatable if that was the cause of death. I haven't even tried it before but I was looking into it have a plant I can chew a few leaves while I am outside doing extreme labor.

Looking to pickup Mex. Garcinia scions to trade to somebody else locally for something else..
Kratom is illegal where I'm at, but all the workers chew it and have cuttings, too bad could not send to you.  In Malaysia I believe it is not illegal, and quite common there, so that would be a good place to look.

However there is another plant locally sometimes referred to as Kratom Malay, not to be confused with Kratom 'from' Malaysia, which is very common!  The scientific name is Gynura_procumbens
I steep 5 leaves with a handful of fresh mint, with poured over hot water, like any regular tea.  It is more bitter than Kratom, so I prefer not to chew it.  Kratom is pretty bitter to chew as well. 
If your after Kratom for any sort of perceived stimulant effect, just know that coffee is so much more powerful!

Kratom Malay is easily propagated by cutting, easier than basil, mint, or mulberry.  It can grow up to 30 feet tall, possibly taller, I trim mine back before it gets that tall.  To get that tall it will be like bamboo, it needs smaller trees around it to support it, so quite bushy if getting that tall.  Recently pulled up an entire 30 foot tree, it has a nice tubular root system, but not too deep of tap root.  Leaves are evergreen, never seen flowers.
-Josh

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 10:18:41 AM »
I wonder if that is what you have?

Wonder if what, if I have Kratom?  No, workers bring in Kratom all the time and give me leaves here and there, it has no effect on me.  However I have never eaten more than 2-3 leaves in one day. Any psychoactive affects I believe are from the local recipe, which in Thailand is cooked up with cough syrup and other stuff into a 'tea.'   I have struggled to translate what I have into scientific name for a long time, but recently found a link that suggested it was this: Gynura procumbens

For a long time even struggled to find a central dialect Thai name for it, since I am very far south names of everything are different.  The common Thai name for it is ต้นหนานเฉาเวอ่

From what I read it sounds much like Gynura procumbens, and also the recommendations are same, eat for reducing blood pressure and blood sugar.  So it should basically be prescribed to anyone over 60.

Long story short, what I have exactly matches what pictures you can find on google for ต้นหนานเฉาเวอ่, however many pictures I see for Longevity spinach don't quite match, and I see many times people say it is eaten like spinach? That is completely off, Kratom Malay is extremely bitter!  Just to chew one leaf might make some people throw up.  I know people who eat Neem leaves easier than Kratom Malay.  And in fact Kratom is a better leaf to eat than Kratom Malay.  Nobody in their right mind what suggest Kratom Malay as a vegetable, it is 'medicine' and most people would not consume it even as medicine.  I cut 5 leaves with a big handful of mint into a tea, and I had to build up tolerance to that.  Before 2 leaves was my maximum.  i can't stomach chewing even one leaf, but I can do 1 kratom leaf easily.

Kratom Malay has a soothing effect on nervous system, and leaves some slight numbing on the tongues which lingers for several hours.  It is important to note that genuine Kratom is also prescribed to construction workers for the numbing effect, which is sort of how it stimulates work, as pain is the biggest problem to laborers.

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:27:40 AM »

Ifeluni

• Pontianak,West Borneo, Tropic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 02:35:47 PM »
We sell kratom powder.. We have various type.. Its deppend what type u need, we can provide it for you.. For More info, u can check our store : www.kratominitiative.com
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:51:42 AM by Ifeluni »