Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Stone fruits?

(1/5) > >>

spaugh:
Hows it looking?  I have most trees doing nothing yet.  A couple starting to flower.  And this florida prince peach is almost ripe!  3 or 4 more weeks to go before they are in season. 

I put in about about 30 stone fruit trees in the last 2 years.  Im starting to think that may have been a big mistake with the weather we had this winter. May have to switch to mangos.

Jct:
My Santa Rosa plum has had a couple of buds open and flower, but most of the tree has not bloomed yet.  My Snow Queen nectarine has not bloomed yet either, but it's in a shady spot while I figure out if I'm going to put it in the ground this year or just up-pot it.

scottsurf:
i live close to the beach and all the stone fruit i have in pots didnt even go dormant guess i got to put them in a really shade spot next winter
the ones in the ground are doing fine thought just breaking dormancy.

Goyo626:
It seems all my trees are behind almost a month compared to last year. Arctic star has sporadic blooming.

BestDay:
Long Beach Peach growing here in Long Beach is covered in quarter size fruit. Small parts of my Royal Lee and Minnie Royal are blooming. My Red Barron Peach is just starting to bloom. Stella Cherry is still resting.

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version