Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

My Marumi kumquat tastes so good.

(1/5) > >>

Heinrich:
My Marumi kumquat is fruiting now and the fruits taste so good. The fruits are juicy and the larger fruits measure up to 35 mm. Most are seedless.  I am not a fan of store bought Nagami kumquats and my expectations have been rather low. How good it tastes is all the more surprising. The plant bears around 30 fruits. Many are still unripe. The plant was inside a cold house during winter and there was not much growth and fruit development, from November until February. Now, it bears flowers and fruits in all stages, at the same time. I need more of these fruits.

brian:
That's a really nice looking tree.  I've had some really excellent Marumi crops, too.   If you like these try Fukushu/Changshou kumquat and Meiwa kumquat.   Both are sweeter than Nagami.  Fukushu is my favorite citrus.

Heinrich:
Brian, beside of Marumi, my other kumquats didnīt fruit yet.  These are Centennial Variegated, Fukushu, Meiwa and Nagami. I am looking forward get some fruits, hopefully this season.

lavender87:

--- Quote from: Heinrich on April 30, 2018, 03:39:51 PM ---Brian, beside of Marumi, my other kumquats didnīt fruit yet.  These are Centennial Variegated, Fukushu, Meiwa and Nagami. I am looking forward get some fruits, hopefully this season.

--- End quote ---

Did your other kumquat types fruit yet? I would love to hear your description of the their taste while my mouth is watering.

Heinrich:
Now, that I have tasted all of my kumquats, I can give my assumption of the taste. Meiwa and Changshou are very good fruits. Centennial Variegated still is a good fruit. However, it is missing some of the flavor, which makes kumquats so special. I also like Nagami, but my favorite kumquat still is Marumi. This is, may be, because I had most of the Marumi in summer and the other fruits during the winter months. More sun results in better fruits. I only had a few fruits and no direct comparison, eating them one at a time.  Therefore, I may change my evaluation in the future.

Centennial Variegated and Meiwa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version