Author Topic: Troyer Citrange Seeds for Sale  (Read 2864 times)

thecitrusgrover

• Altadena CA
    • View Profile
Troyer Citrange Seeds for Sale
« on: May 04, 2018, 10:52:36 AM »
Hi,

I bought a quart of Troyer Citrange seeds from Lynn Citrus to use for my rootstock.  I am selling off the extra seeds to split the cost of the quart with other people.  If interested see:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Troyer-Citrange-Seeds-Citrus-Rootstock-seeds-for-grafting-100-seeds/132581481523

Frank

jesuisasiatique

• San Diego, CA, Zone10a
    • View Profile
Re: Troyer Citrange Seeds for Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 11:59:15 PM »
Hi Frank,
What method did you use to germinate the seeds? And how successful are you seedlings? Do you know how long the seeds are supposed to be viable? I'm interested in getting some, but probably won't have time to start the seeds until some time in June.
Thanks.

thecitrusgrover

• Altadena CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 01:37:31 AM »
Hi,

I have just been putting the seeds between moist paper towels and then transferring them to small pots.  They are germinating fine and just starting to come up in the pots, so far I have about 10 started and more waiting to germinate in the moist towels.  So far so good but I am starting a bunch in case some don't make it.  I have the seeds in the fridge and I would think they should be be fine in June.  I can throw in some extra seeds if you're worried that some won't germinate but I think they should be okay since they are refrigerated.

Frank

jesuisasiatique

• San Diego, CA, Zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:00:53 AM »
Thanks for the info Frank. I'd like to get maybe ~30 rootstocks started for future grafting. I'm the one that purchased the 2nd one sold in the ebay listing and I certainly wouldn't mind if you threw in some extra seeds :)

Thanks!

thecitrusgrover

• Altadena CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »
Yes, that's about how many rootstocks I'm trying to do also.  I'll throw in some extra seeds no problem.   :)  I'll also put in the info sheet that came with the seeds from Lynn.  Seems best to keep them in the fridge until you sprout them.
'