Author Topic: Ambarella extremely poor seed germination  (Read 11799 times)

NoniBroni

• Fiji, Namosi
    • View Profile
Re: Ambarella extremely poor seed germination
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2017, 02:07:46 AM »
I saved a fresh seed from an ambarella fruit, wrapped it in a piece of wet cloth for a couple of days because I was unable to plant it immediately. It took about 3 weeks for the seed to germinate and sprout a 2-inch seedling. I planted the seed very shallow, that is you could see the spikes protruding the surface of the soil. Climate condtions: tropical, humid, sunny, and a lot of rainfall. I hope this helps. Goodluck. 

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 02:56:43 PM »
Well , now that I have 2 dwarfs fruiting i must say that almost every singe seed produced a tree , some even multiple ...I finally got a hold of the " regular size " this one is a super fast grower , not sure how tall it's gonna be when adult , grew 100 cm in just a few months . Has anybody tasted these ( the large fruited one )
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2017, 01:43:07 AM »
Well , now that I have 2 dwarfs fruiting i must say that almost every singe seed produced a tree , some even multiple ...I finally got a hold of the " regular size " this one is a super fast grower , not sure how tall it's gonna be when adult , grew 100 cm in just a few months . Has anybody tasted these ( the large fruited one )
I find that the big trees produce better tasting fruit than my dwarf. The big trees really get huge, and they buttress (roots stick out of the ground), so watch out where you plant it.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk